Blur_Version.5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US - Who Needs It?

madmako

Reaction score
Some one gave me that same error they ended up having to use my fxz someone has already posted the link

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Thank you, sir. FWIW, I've managed to restore 2 removed apps from "NoBloat Free", got back Root using Pete's and received the same error message above upon another attempt to install the zip file from the ext SD card.

At this point, I'm wondering if it's worth going the FXZ .901/.902 route posted by unbesorgt. It looks like a rocky road.
Maybe a better alternative would be to root again, Titanium Backup to Dropbox, call VZW and tell them it went 'black screen', wait 2 days for a warranty replacement which will likely come with .902, reinstall TB and restore from Dropbox.

At least I would have a working device in the event the FXZ route went South leaving me a Bionic brick.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Thank you, sir. FWIW, I've managed to restore 2 removed apps from "NoBloat Free", got back Root using Pete's and received the same error message above upon another attempt to install the zip file from the ext SD card.

At this point, I'm wondering if it's worth going the FXZ .901/.902 route posted by unbesorgt. It looks like a rocky road.
Maybe a better alternative would be to root again, Titanium Backup to Dropbox, call VZW and tell them it went 'black screen', wait 2 days for a warranty replacement which will likely come with .902, reinstall TB and restore from Dropbox.

At least I would have a working device in the event the FXZ route went South leaving me a Bionic brick.

Let us know how it turns out. Personally I would go the FXZ route. It's worked for over 300 Bionics so far, as I understand. Sargentmajord will help you out.

uscfan989

Reaction score
Help me please

booksphone.apk is downloaded onto my phone, but when i try and move it into the /system/app folder, it says that it's a read-only file and won't work. when i try to change the permissions, it says i can't because it's on the sd card, but when i try and move it from the sd card to change the permissions, it says it won't because it's still a read-only. how do i move it to that folder? I deleted it and now it won't install the update for .902

Last edited:
OP
2THEXTRM

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
booksphone.apk is downloaded onto my phone, but when i try and move it into the /system/app folder, it says that it's a read-only file and won't work. when i try to change the permissions, it says i can't because it's on the sd card, but when i try and move it from the sd card to change the permissions, it says it won't because it's still a read-only. how do i move it to that folder? I deleted it and now it won't install the update for .902

I believe you need to select mount r/w at top of screen before you can modify anything in the system root folder

uscfan989

Reaction score
ok got it, tried the update but it still says that i'm missing the file. now i just need booksphone.odex too. Anyone?

Last edited:

bjjud

Reaction score
ok got it, tried the update but it still says that i'm missing the file. now i just need booksphone.odex too. Anyone?
I'm installing progressively older Nandroid backups onto my phone (the oldest one is going in right now) The most recent ***** the update has, is the 'booksphone' thing that you also seem to be stuck on. I'm not sure I wanna do a factory reset if this one doesn't work. (I'm assuming the restore from Clockwork Mod addresses the 'mount r/w thing?)

OP
2THEXTRM

2THEXTRM

Reaction score

I don't find an odex file for this apk, I see many others that don't either so that is not likely your issue. we need an apk master over here LOL

OP
2THEXTRM

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
I'm installing progressively older Nandroid backups onto my phone (the oldest one is going in right now) The most recent ***** the update has, is the 'booksphone' thing that you also seem to be stuck on. I'm not sure I wanna do a factory reset if this one doesn't work. (I'm assuming the restore from Clockwork Mod addresses the 'mount r/w thing?)

CW would need to mount automatically before making changes to root folders or files.