Blur_Version.5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US - Who Needs It?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by 2THEXTRM, Feb 7, 2012.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. 2THEXTRM

2THEXTRM Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I have UPLOADED file to Dropbox and is ready for some magic to be worked! PM me your email address if you want to download. I also have it uploaded to rapidshare, your choice though so let me know which you prefer. I expect DL speed will be slow due to multiple downloaders, so if someone else wants to add to their dropbox to spread the load, that would be cool.​

I'm still waiting for my update to come, my wives phone is updated .902 with root, debloated and backed up via Safestrap already....

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/61128903/Blur_Version.5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip

Updated with link in my OP if anyone is still in need of .893 to .902 update!
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  2. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

Ratings:
    +49
    And there you go. If you have 5.9.901 this won't work.
  3. dfcfu342

dfcfu342 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Yes it will. I was one of the originals pushed the .901 OTA and I was able to pull and update without a hitch.
  4. bdsullivan76

bdsullivan76 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got your email and downloaded flawlessly. Thanks again i will be installing shortly.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  5. unbesorgt

unbesorgt Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I found an alternate link on XDA -- there was some confusion over there about the .901 vs. .902 files, but I found the right version by comparing file sizes. Installed flawlessly on my Bionic -- even retained root (with Forever Root). I decided to host the correct file on my Dropbox for now rather than linking to XDA due to the confusion over there.

Here's the verified correct .902 update file.

Screenshot from my phone to show this is .902 and not .901:

View attachment 47036
  6. Captain Crypto

Captain Crypto Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Just got your email and downloaded it with no problem. THANKS!!!
  7. jayrod718

jayrod718 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Somebody try this with rooted 901 and see if it works, I don't want to risk it until I see some others with success.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  8. 2THEXTRM

2THEXTRM Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Just to clarify, my .902 link is the correct file, pulled from my wifes cache prior to OTA install but this link is easier than adding everyone to my dropbox lol.

How do I get the public link? supposed to just right click and obtain address but option not available. I can add my link as well to speed up the download process!
  9. coradon42

coradon42 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the link. downloaded installed runs smooth and sweet.
  10. dberthia

dberthia Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Having a problem trying to install this. I'm on 5.5.893, and here are my versions prior to update:

View attachment 47044

When I run the update, I see:

assert failed
    getprop("ro.product.device")=="cdma_targa" || getprop("ro.build.product"=="cdma_targa")

A while back I installed a leak, but thought I properly got everything back to 5.5.893. Any ideas?

UPDATE: Looks like this was failing because I was trying to run the update via Clockworkmod Recovery. Once I booted into stock recovery I was able to successfully apply the update. Maintained root too, so I'm a happy camper.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  11. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

Ratings:
    +49
    It looks like if you got .901 OTA you got a different update from those who had .893 to start off with.

In other words, if you have .893 now then get the link at the beginning of this post. If you manually installed .901 you need to go to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...-soak-test-build-post-here-4.html#post2005512 for the link.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  12. dstreng

dstreng Member

Ratings:
    +1
    i forgot how to install these kind of updates. Can someone gimme a quick refresh?

I downloaded onto sdcard btw, not ota
  13. unbesorgt

unbesorgt Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Sorry, didn't mean to imply there were any issues with your file -- was just trying to help speed things up by providing an alternate download method. The issues were on the XDA forums.

Your file must be in the Public subfolder of your Dropbox folder in order to generate a link. Once it's there, you just right-click the file, select Dropbox > Copy public link, and then paste it to the forum.
  14. unbesorgt

unbesorgt Member

Ratings:
    +4
    First, make sure the file is on your external SD card (sd-ext) and not the internal storage that some apps misreport as sdcard.

Power down your phone, then reboot while holding volume up and volume down at the same time. Then use volume down to highlight Recovery, and press volume up to select. When you get the screen with the ! symbol, press volume up and down again to bring up the menu. Use the volume keys to highlight Update from Zip, and then tap power. Next use the volume keys to highlight the update file and tap power to select. From there it should perform the update. When done, select Reboot Now.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  15. bdsullivan76

bdsullivan76 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you long press a file in dropbox you will get a menu, chose share then link and it will generate a special dropbox link. I will usually chose to send it to myself via messaging then long press the link in my message and copy and paste it wherever. That link will be good as long as the file remains in the dropbox folder you are sharing it from.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
Search tags for this page

5.5.893.xt875.verizon.en.us

blur version 5.5.893

blur version.5.5.893.xt875.verizon.en.us

blur version.5.5.893.xt875.verizon.en.us.zip

cell brite xt 901
download android 2.3.4 ---- blur version.5.5.893.xt875.veriz
xt875 blur
xt875 build.prop
xt875 flash files list
xt875.verizon.en.us