E:signature verification failed? .902 Manual Update

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
I have been running like a chicken with my head cut-off, pulling the .902 update from my wifes phone prior to OTA installation, setting up a Dropbox account and sending links to everyone that requested it.

Finally, I went to manual install through recovery the .902 update and I am getting an error?

E:signature verification failed

My wifes phone was identical in set-up to my phone. OTA 5.5.893 updated(no fxz), rooted with forever root and safestrap installed(no roms loaded). All bloat defrosted via TiBu prior to install attempt.

What may be causing this and how can I correct? Can't believe my wife is rolling .902 update before me and I do all the work lol

SOLVED: My fault, I was moving file to SD-ext and not paying attention in my haste that Move Failed. Didn't notice because file was correct size and in correct place, oh well. Just need to copy from PC/Laptop to SD-ext, not move from SD Downloads to SD-Ext, it didn't work properly for me. Updated with Root retained, backed up via Safestrap and debloated via TiBu. Live and learn lol. Good-luck to everyone else and lets hope this update doesn't stink.

Last edited:

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Sounds like the file might have gotten corrupted somehow? Try downloading it to your SD card again from your Dropbox.

You are using the stock recovery right -- not safestrap or other custom?

As a troubleshooting step, you could try using my file version instead.

OP
2THEXTRM

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
You hit the nail on the head, I was editing my post that issue was resolved while you where posting! I actually did try Safestrap as a last resort and received a "SD Card not Mounted" notice which is better than welcome to your Bootloop Sir lol.