blur 3.4.2....

snake9

Reaction score
What are the benefits of this rom compared to stock or apex?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

ericFuels999

Reaction score
What are the benefits of this rom compared to stock or apex?

Battery life has been noticeably better. Also, the whole Blur experience has been made a lot smoother and faster. I wasn't a fan of Blur before - this isn't so bad. I will admit there are occasional few second freezes here and there, but it isn't any worse than what I've observed on other roms. Also, the multi-touch keyboard is even more robust. It has a wider dictionary and seems to be even less error-prone. Again, just my experience. Perspectives seem to vary widely when it comes to different roms, so the best I can offer you is my subjective experience. You can trust me when I say I'm very picky about smoothness, though. It seems like Moto is starting to give a s*** on this front.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been running this for a day and it's been pretty nice. Blur has some welcomed feature additions. It's much smoother and battery life has been great. I still think blur is ugly though, and the social networking features are pretty weak but I like the other features.

Only thing I miss is being able to overclock and I can't seem to see all the apps in the market. Does anyone know if there's a fix for Overclocking and the market?
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

rustymcbain

Reaction score
I am gonna stick with this a while. I am currently working on a blur theme for it. My first so its taking a while. Im going with the stock gray but with all blur widgets done as well as a few apps I use. Never can seem to find a theme that does everything and i believe my wifes OCD has finally rubbed off.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tweedies411

Reaction score
I cant boot into clockworkmod anymore :( I rooted with the super one click, I have superuser on my phone and everything seems to work except for recovery. Also I'm having trouble flashing back to the stock OTA via RSD.

detox

Reaction score
I cant boot into clockworkmod anymore :( I rooted with the super one click, I have superuser on my phone and everything seems to work except for recovery. Also I'm having trouble flashing back to the stock OTA via RSD.

@britishturbo
found a work around 4 peeps havin probs w/the bootstrapper 4 the DX 3.4.2 use the Droid 2 version it uses newer clockwork

found this on twitter

tweedies411

Reaction score

@britishturbo
found a work around 4 peeps havin probs w/the bootstrapper 4 the DX 3.4.2 use the Droid 2 version it uses newer clockwork

found this on twitter

that worked perfect! thank you very much!

detox

Reaction score

@britishturbo

found this on twitter

Youre very welcome!

tweedies411

Reaction score
@britishturbo

found this on twitter

Youre very welcome!

EDIT: alright so I can boot into clockworkmod but now it wont boot past the M logo after I tried to restore a previous backup. When I try to flash a sbf file it tells me chipset type 50 not supported. I think I might be screwed.

detox

Reaction score

Youre very welcome!

EDIT: alright so I can boot into clockworkmod but now it wont boot past the M logo after I tried to restore a previous backup. When I try to flash a sbf file it tells me chipset type 50 not supported. I think I might be screwed.

a previous backup of 2.3.340? you would need to flash the 2.3.340 full sbf to go back and i hear there has been issues with it not working the first or second try.

Coderedpl

Reaction score
Ok so this is applied through clockwork? Is it a full rom sort of? SO i guess i need to wipe and all?

And if i want to go back I need to do full SBF and restore my nandroid for example?
Kernel version on my DX shows 2.6.32.9 so i guess i need to sbf with .32 right?

detox

Reaction score
ok i don't know if i'm having issues with pm's or not and i cant post the sbf file here. email me if you haven't gotten it and i can send it to you

removed email

Last edited:

detox

Reaction score
Ok so this is applied through clockwork? Is it a full rom sort of? SO i guess i need to wipe and all?

And if i want to go back I need to do full SBF and restore my nandroid for example?
Kernel version on my DX shows 2.6.32.9 so i guess i need to sbf with .32 right?

i dont know if you could flash the 2.3.320 sbf or not but i know over at my droid world that there is a full 2.3.340 sbf file floating around

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Does this version of blur fix the facebook photo sync issues present on the last version?