blur 3.4.2....

rustymcbain

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean... my contact photos are being synced from face book. They even look a little better.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Am reading a slew of Pros and cons for this but am not convinced yet..Can someone kindly post "New or Interesting" features found in this rom..Back on Tranq3.7 and all is good..

B

budmonster

sorry for the "newbness" lol but what the hell is blur 3.4.2? is it a rom?

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
I am gonna stick with this a while. I am currently working on a blur theme for it. My first so its taking a while. Im going with the stock gray but with all blur widgets done as well as a few apps I use. Never can seem to find a theme that does everything and i believe my wifes OCD has finally rubbed off.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk[/QUOT

yes please make a theme...anyone! lol i forgot how ugly the white notification bar is!

rustymcbain

Reaction score
Oh I forgot to mention I like the stock notification bar. ;)

ram130

Reaction score
You guys notice any other problem? Is your signal much stronger as well?

rustymcbain

Reaction score
No problems really... yes id have to say I see an improvement on signal strength not sure on the merit of this I think that would have to do with the kernel. Someone can chime in if im wrong about this. I haven't noticed apps not showing in the market.

ram130

Reaction score
Great. Sounds like they fixed the incorrect 3g bars(they didnt correlate to the dbm)..what's your kernel and baseband version now?

rustymcbain

Reaction score
What I essaying is this was only a system update they didn't change the kernel or baseband with this leak that's why we can go back. Once it is released from moto and big red then we will see if they have intact updated the kernel and baseband again.

ram130

Reaction score
Well thanks for the info. I guess if I wait on vzw and Motorola it will be another two months before release.

ram130

Reaction score
One question. Can I flash this over stock .340 rom without a wipe? I already have root and clockwork.

Rocko

Reaction score
What was the previous Blur version and how can I tell what I have?

drewlamo1

Reaction score
well 1 thing they added was a task manager app, thought was neat.

so i was going through my apks that i reinstalled making sure they worked.

put my phone down started watching t.v for about 1hour or so and when i checked my phone the task manager actually notified me that google voice had been running for 45minutes and said it was draining my battery lol
then it asks if you want to kill the app.

pretty cool if you ask me lmfao, other then that things look crisper in some areas. they added a profile thingy with the stock launcher like htc sense type of thing.

runs goods imo, i deodex it made a backup then did some litle tweaks using that honeycomb theme from liberty. seems like my available RAM is sticking at about 75mb aint seen it drops below that yet, where the last version i would stay usually around 45mb. spiking higher of course here and there depending on what i was doing.

the in pocket detection is nice too and also i noticed a bluetooth bypass when locked mode.
i like this option because sometimes in class i will take my BT off in put it in my pocket and accidentlly leg dial someone cause the button gets mashed down on the BT, im assuming with the option you can make it have no control when the phone is locked, then you add in the in pocket lock detection and my leg dialing is finally fixed lol