blur 3.4.2....

ram130

Reaction score
What I essaying is this was only a system update they didn't change the kernel or baseband with this leak that's why we can go back. Once it is released from moto and big red then we will see if they have intact updated the kernel and baseband again.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ok no problem. i just got home so gonna try flashing this. I am guessing that I can't flash it without a wipe first, even though I'm already on stock.

I'm gonna use the instructions here:

Droid X Monster Updater 3.4.2 zip

Yes I got the update file from TBH app..not there tho.

One question, i used the full .340 update get back to stock from Fission. I notice one problem, when my phone shuts off or starts up. I don't hear the "droid" sound any more, rather I hear a ring, is this normal?

Last edited:

ram130

Reaction score
Well I flashed this without doing a wipe..I just wiped the dalvik cache and normal cache ...then flashed then wipe the cache again. Rebooted, took 3mins then I saw the welcome screen. No bootloops :D

I did this because of my previous experience with the N1, Vibrant and CM6.

You know whats amazing? My wallpaper is still there and it remember my wifi, connected right away. I am now waiting 10min extra to make sure everything settles down then reboot.

After which I should know how stable it is or whether my apps are still on here...
dancedroid dancedroid

I'll keep you posted.

Last edited:

ram130

Reaction score
So after I entered my Google account, all my apps that were running, such as weather, system monitor appeared at the top as usual. Checked my app draw and all my 98 apps were there. Everything was as I left it.

After a few reboots I got root and took a picture:

snap20110223000052.png

Like I said, everything is fast, just a few slow downs here and there, but I think it's because I am running out of RAM too quickly. Gonna freeze some apps.. Anyway heres my system version and stuff:

snap20110223000135.png

let me know if you see any problems.

I will continue to monitor things...

ram130

Reaction score
Can someone please confirm if they see any AM/PM where the clock is? I just want to make sure it's not me alone.

As you can see my phone is not showing it beside the clock.

jfelipe

Reaction score
I tried it but

Regards from Mexico! I've tried it a couple of days ago, for me it's pretty smooth, but I wasn't able to write using Swype in spanish or english, I tried to uninstall swype but i couldn't ( root, mount system, delete files etc), so as far as I'm pretty happy using swype in spanish I went back into stock 3.4.0
Does anybody knows if it is possible to install language packages to swype?

ram130

Reaction score
Regards from Mexico! I've tried it a couple of days ago, for me it's pretty smooth, but I wasn't able to write using Swype in spanish or english, I tried to uninstall swype but i couldn't ( root, mount system, delete files etc), so as far as I'm pretty happy using swype in spanish I went back into stock 3.4.0
Does anybody knows if it is possible to install language packages to swype?

You can try the market and see if any is available there. Then enable it in language settings.

Can you answer this, did you see the AM/PM next to the clock when you flashed this?

rustymcbain

Reaction score
I do... been working on my first one but no where near done. Anyone know. Where to chang the text color in blur widgets? I assume an xml edit will do it.

ram130

Reaction score
If there's enough interest, I think I'll port my themes to 3.4.2. I've been running it since it leaked and it's been the most stable stock build for me yet. Let me know if anyone is interested. Check them out here Themes For Stock ROM - 2.3.340 - xda-developers

Yes its been really stable here without the factory reset ...no issues. I just want to know one thing and no one will answer me. Do you see the AM/PM next to the clock? You guys must think im CRAZY to not answer me at all. Its just a yes or NO.

Last edited:

rustymcbain

Reaction score
Its not there but I set to 24 hrs. So I should never see it.

ram130

Reaction score
Its not there but I set to 24 hrs. So I should never see it.

I guess everyone here did the same thing cause no one mention that change. In the time settings it shows AM/PM but just not beside the clock in the notification bar. Slight annoyance which I'm sure Motorola will fix before release. Either way I'm shock how stable this rom is..no reboots for 40hrs now, very fast and things are great. So happy I didn't have reinstall my apps either..

UnkleDuke

Reaction score
Yes its been really stable here without the factory reset ...no issues. I just want to know one thing and no one will answer me. Do you see the AM/PM next to the clock? You guys must think im CRAZY to not answer me at all. Its just a yes or NO.

Nope. am/pm was removed.

ram130

Reaction score

Nope. am/pm was removed.

Thanks for the confirmation. I guess we just got to wait and see what Motorola does for the official release.

ericFuels999

Reaction score
If you guys are interested in making 3.4.2 run even smoother, try this:

imoseyon: I Got a ZIP (imoseyon mods)

It is imoseyon's sysctl.conf mod for Droid X ROMs. If you choose to download it, make sure to download the one marked "Other(Darkslide, Fission, Stock, etc.)" on his website. Then, reboot into Clockwork using Koush's Droid 2 recovery bootstrap, backup your ROM, and apply imoseyon's zip WITHOUT wiping. You can wipe cache, if you want (I didn't), just don't go wiping the data partition or doing a factory reset. One note: flashing the zip seemed to "reset" my ROM in a way. All of my installed apps were gone and it made me go through the initial Android setup process again, but the system apps I had deleted were still gone. So make sure to backup your installed apps with something like Titanium Backup prior to flashing this zip. Luckily, I still had a recent backup.

I cannot say you will experience the same thing I did, but it definitely smoothed out a lot of the "stutters" I was experiencing in this build. Now it will be my every day ROM for sure. Haven't run it long enough to comment on battery life, but I can say it definitely hasn't made it worse. It's a nice mod for those of you who like to experiment and optimize your setups. Many thanks and all credit goes to imoseyon for this mod!