blur 3.4.2....

bcals0087

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone gave this a go yet. I've been running this for a little over a day, and I must say, my battery has been the best on this so far. They added some neat features, and it is muchhh smoother than the other stock versions IMO. I just wish it could be rooted b/c then it would really be worth running. Anyways just checkin to see if anyone gave it a shot, what they think, and if anyones taken a crack at rooting this thing... cheers :beer2:

JkdJedi

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone gave this a go yet. I've been running this for a little over a day, and I must say, my battery has been the best on this so far. They added some neat features, and it is muchhh smoother than the other stock versions IMO. I just wish it could be rooted b/c then it would really be worth running. Anyways just checkin to see if anyone gave it a shot, what they think, and if anyones taken a crack at rooting this thing... cheers :beer2:

I'm tempted to give it a go, just not sure how to flash or push this zip file. With bootstrap or rsdlite?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

detox

Reaction score

I'm tempted to give it a go, just not sure how to flash or push this zip file. With bootstrap or rsdlite?

From clockwork if you download the file from tbh app. You can also flash back to 2.3.340 according to p3

sent from my X

Porterhouse0

Reaction score

From clockwork if you download the file from tbh app. You can also flash back to 2.3.340 according to p3

sent from my X

just curious cause i have no idea...lol if it cant be rooted...how can we flash back? i would really like to try it out

detox

Reaction score

sent from my X

just curious cause i have no idea...lol if it cant be rooted...how can we flash back? i would really like to try it out

You would have to use the full 2.3.340 sbf in rsd lite

sent from my X

detox

Reaction score
I have never tried this. Please do not hold me responsible for anything. This is what P3 Droid said on twitter and im just relaying the message

sent from my X

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
I have never tried this. Please do not hold me responsible for anything. This is what P3 Droid said on twitter and im just relaying the message

sent from my X

no i gotcha man. thanks for the quick reply

droidx8791

Theme Developer
Reaction score
I tried it and it almost screwed up my phone. I've flashed hundreds of times and don't think I did anything wrong. When I tried to sbf the full sbf it would fail. The phone would read my battery as low when it wasnt and reboot every 30 seconds or so. Took me hours to finally get the full sbf to take. So be very careful.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
B

bcals0087

Reaction score
So just a quick update, I'm about to plug my phone in to charge it and I wanted to give the results I had for battery life. I have the standard battery that came with the phone and the use was moderate to semi heavy throughout this test. Due to the fact I cannot take a screen shot of the phone, I will just have to type it here, and you'll just have to take my word for it.

Battery % left- 20%

1d 6h 41m 45s since unplugged
Voice calls-23%
Android System-22%
Display-20%
Phone idle-14%
cell standby-12%
wifi-3%
AdwlauncherEX-3%
Android OS-2%

So I must say, I have never had my battery last this long with any rom. I would get about 17-18 hrs on Liberty and Rubix, but not 30hrs. I've found that the percentage of battery lost throughout the night due to a low signal area that I am in, is significantly less with this version than anything else. I'm used to the phone being at 30-40% sometimes 50% when I go to bed, and being dead when I wake up because of the phone is constantly going in and out of service. But the past two nights, the phone has only lost 10% both times. So lets root this thing!! haha

rustymcbain

Reaction score
So anyone else notice the task killer app? Big Red strikes again.

OP
B

bcals0087

Reaction score
So anyone else notice the task killer app? Big Red strikes again.

Yeah more bloat. Thats why we need this rooted. Battery is great, but I need to get rid of everything else. I'm going to hang out on this one for a little while to see if anything happens...only b/c of the long battery life. If it wasn't for that, I would have sbf'd by now and moved on.

rustymcbain

Reaction score
Same here I can deal with the bloat as long as this battery life is great. I use a minimalist type setup with adw ex so I don't see any blur. And I can hide the alps in the tray so there not there. Just for the life of me can't figure out why they would include a taskmanager. Where do they get their advice? Cracker jack box or maybe a psychic?