Bluetooth Wont Turn On - D2G

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I have Liberty 2.1 and cant seem to get Bluetooth working. I go to turn it on and it sits there for maybe 30-60 seconds and then turn off. After doing some searching I found this in the romer thread:

4. [Fixed] Bluetooth was broken, but was fixed with v3, unfortunately v3 broke some scripts for those of you trying Liberty. This was fixed with v4. There are other problems starting bluetooth for those that never got the OTA update. This is easily solved by downloading the complete 2.4.330 Rom from this thread HERE.
I already had the OTA update before I flashed Liberty, atleast I am 99% sure I did, is there any way to compare the radios to make sure with out flashing back? Is there anyway to flash the updated radio only? My copy of Liberty is running perfect this time around so I dont want to flash it again.

OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Maybe I didnt have the OTA. Due to the lack of responses I decided to sbf back to stock, get the OTA, flash liberty, and try bluetooth. It worked. So I flashed the Epic Blue theme. Tried again. It worked. So then I restore all my apps with titanium back up, and, yep, bluetooth still works!

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Good deal. Not a lot of us use Bluetooth. I've never used it. I don't see the reason to use it. So, that's probably why you didn't get any responses because others didn't frequently run into that problem or even check it out.

Glad you got it running for you.

Snow02

Reaction score
Good deal. Not a lot of us use Bluetooth. I've never used it. I don't see the reason to use it. So, that's probably why you didn't get any responses because others didn't frequently run into that problem or even check it out.

Whatever man. Speak for yourself. I love bluetooth for file transfers do you don't have to always unmount/remount the sd card. Wireless headphones at the gym and working in the yard is the only way to go.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I did speak for myself. Notice that I said "I've never used it. I don't see the reason to use it." Don't know why you even mentioned anything about mounting/unmounting the sd card either. You must have been doing extra steps that aren't necessary to do.

Sent from a different galaxy in space...

Last edited:

Snow02

Reaction score
I did speak for myself. Notice that I said "I've never used it. I don't see the reason to use it." Don't know why you even mentioned anything about mounting/unmounting the sd card either. You must have been doing extra steps that aren't necessary to do.

Sent from a different galaxy in space...

What do you think usb mass storage mode does? Unmounts the sd card so your computer can access it, genius.

Last edited:

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Maybe you should word it a little better in terms of explaining the mount/unmount procedure. The way you described it was a bit idiotic to understand in terms of "mass storage."

Also, why does mounting/unmounting bother you that much? It takes about the same amount of time as doing it with Bluetooth. But, Bluetooth tends to lag at times. Therefore, by using your USB connected to your phone via laptop/pc is a quicker, more guaranteed procedure.

Bet you didn't even know that you can also transfer stuff, while being wireless (no USB), in "mass storage mode." (Not Bluetooth). Take some time to explore your phone and the vast options that come with it before you start getting all wound up over this.

Lastly, I take the "genius" as a compliment. Good day.

eqforus5

Reaction score
Now children lets not get all worked up about this LOL. Swagger you definitely know what you are talking about. I however use my bluetooth everyday for making phone calls. So much easier than having to hold the phone to my ear, especially driving a manual transmission.

OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score

I have to beg to differ, I think alot of people use BT. I see it mentioned all the time. Like you though I dont see much use for it for either. This is the only department Android is lacking imo. If my, now ancient, Win Mo 6(maybe it was 5) could read the caller id and sms to me through the headset why cant my D2G which is only about 5 months old? Hell my Pantech Duo with Win Mo is now about 3.5 years old(from the time I brought it brand new. If Android could do these things then I would use BT alot more.

So much easier than having to hold the phone to my ear, especially driving a manual transmission.
On the occasions I have had to borrow my dads truck(F-150 stick shift) I wish I had charged up my headset. Driving a stick with a cell is nearly impossible unless you miss half the convo from taking the phone away from your ear to shift, and dont drop the phone either. Unless of course your cruising on the highway..

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I have to beg to differ, I think alot of people use BT. I see it mentioned all the time. Like you though I dont see much use for it for either. This is the only department Android is lacking imo.

I don't technically mean the "majority" of us don't use Bluetooth, but a lot don't. I'm one of them. I see and hear a lot of good things about them but I see the same amount of negative things about them also. You are definitely right that the Android is lacking hugely in the Bluetooth area. I would say the majority of Bluetooth users use it mainly for call-in and call-out more than anything else it can be used for. If only they would improve several different areas already established in the features of Bluetooth, I'm sure a heck of a lot more people would use it. Possibly myself too. Maybe add more capabilities too.

I've tried Bluetooth 3 separate times before with 3 different friends who wanted to "transfer" file(s) to my phone. My phone found their connection, but their phone was a bit reluctant about the connection until it finally established it. Once the transferring took place, their phones just couldn't handle it and would never transfer over.

So, basically I've left the Bluetooth alone ever since and have found other much quicker ways to deal with transferring stuff over and whatnot.

OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I agree with the file transfer comments for sure. I dont even bother. I use WiFi on a Wireless N signal and do transfers via FTP or use Dropbox if I am on 3G.

eqforus5

Reaction score
I have never tried using bluetooth for file transfers. Always just used a computer for that.