[ROM Tools] Team Get~R~Done D2G Rom-er Tool - a tool Convert D2 Roms for use on D2G

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Anyone know a good alternative to root explorer?
(My root explorer does not mount /system as r/w for some reason, it stays r/o)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

[Edit] I got root explorer to work, I edited the text, rebooted, but there was no reaction in Liberty toolbox.

Did you change it to the exact thing? I got it to work when I did it..... I'll send you a build.prop that works later if I have time.

Sent from my RubiXed D2G

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So it still says old version but everything works for me. Send me a pm if you want the build.prop file for liberty if you dont want to change it yourself.

kickyindahead

Reaction score
ok .. long day/night .. and dont feel like reading through this whole forum .. ive searched but cant find a link to a file or zip for fission 2.5.7... wouldnt mind tryin it as i have the next day or two off .. anyone got a link for it?

apollyon0810

Reaction score
ok .. long day/night .. and dont feel like reading through this whole forum .. ive searched but cant find a link to a file or zip for fission 2.5.7... wouldnt mind tryin it as i have the next day or two off .. anyone got a link for it?

Didn't look hard at all, did you? Fission 2.5.7 is made by TeamDefuse, so check their website. Oh crap, I already did, cuz that's the first thing I thought of. Oh crap! They even have a section titled "Install Instructions and Downloads"! I'm trying to download something... maybe I should look there? DOUBLE CRAP! Theres the link! At the bottom of the page! I'm some sort of genius...

Install Instructions and Downloads | Team DeFuse

kickyindahead

Reaction score

Didn't look hard at all, did you? Fission 2.5.7 is made by TeamDefuse, so check their website. Oh crap, I already did, cuz that's the first thing I thought of. Oh crap! They even have a section titled "Install Instructions and Downloads"! I'm trying to download something... maybe I should look there? DOUBLE CRAP! Theres the link! At the bottom of the page! I'm some sort of genius...

Ya know .. a simple .. hey you could look here would have been good . you dont need to be a dick .. i didnt see the links at the bottom of the page for 2.5.7 .. thanks for your input and your sarcasim is duely noted...

apollyon0810

Reaction score

Ya know .. a simple .. hey you could look here would have been good . you dont need to be a dick .. i didnt see the links at the bottom of the page for 2.5.7 .. thanks for your input and your sarcasim is duely noted...

Sorry. I really wanted to help, but I just couldn't without being a smartass too. ;-)

kickyindahead

Reaction score

Sorry. I really wanted to help, but I just couldn't without being a smartass too. ;-)

seriously though .. ive read through that page countless times and never once did i notice the 2.5.7 section at the bottom .. i might have the first time i read through it.. but after realizing that it wasnt useable on the d2g until recently .. looking there wasnt even an option (atleast in my mind it wasnt).. ive even had that page bookmarked since the first time i started using fission... but um yeah .. thanks for reminding me that i was going to try out fission 2.5.7 cuz i had totally forgot that i wanted to try that rom out ..

healy1818

Reaction score
ok. I have a Droid 2 Global, and I am running Liberty 2.0.1. I understand that there is a big problem with the sensors causing the phone to restart after sleeping. Im not a dev or anything, but correct me if im wrong, Liberty ROM for Droid 2 has all the necessary files for the Droid 2 such as sensors built for it. if a ROM is like the SBF, isnt it possible to just take the files required for the sensors and such from a stock D2G and just swap them for the Droid 2 files in the Liberty ROM? To me it wouldnt make sense to take Droid 2 sensor files and activate them on a D2G, if thats what the ROMer does. I would love to help in anyway possible in testing this.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
We tried that. However, thats what causes the reboot. The way it works now we have the sensor file but its renamed to sensors.droid2we.so.bak so that it doesnt register as being there at all. This solves the reboot problem but we lose the functions of the sensors. Also, a rom isnt like a SBF. The rom just replaces system files where the sbf replaces ALL files including the radio and drivers.

healy1818

Reaction score
We tried that. However, thats what causes the reboot. The way it works now we have the sensor file but its renamed to sensors.droid2we.so.bak so that it doesnt register as being there at all. This solves the reboot problem but we lose the functions of the sensors. Also, a rom isnt like a SBF. The rom just replaces system files where the sbf replaces ALL files including the radio and drivers.

Alright, makes sense. Once again, im just gonna ask "dumb" question, but I just really wanna help in getting this solved. I am currently deployed and I use GSM, I have plenty of time to get this figured out. Have you guys took all the system files of a stock D2G and compared them side by side with the D2 system files of the ROM?

Like if I were to look at the ROM's system files for Liberty 2.0.1 for D2 and then look at the system files of a stock D2G swap files out, and repackage the Liberty ROM with the D2G files, could that possibly work? To me it would seem that with the installation of the D2 files first and then using your Romer, it would kinda be like plugging your Printer in first before the Drivers disc and obviously your printer doesnt work because you didnt do the drivers first, even though they are "installed". To me it seems this could be the same thing, The installation is initially for a D2, not a D2G, then your ROMER replaces the files, kinda could possibly be like the printer example i think.

I know this is very long, and probably somewhat confusing. If there is anything I can do to help, just please let me know. I am more than willing to just look at each file one by one and hopefully figure this out. Thanks!

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
As far as I know, no no ones compared it side by side. I think we've pretty much narrowed it down to framework files though. If you want to compare like that go for it.

That's basically what the romer does. We tried doing it that way too but it still doesn't work right. We did it this way so we wouldn't have to build a seperate one for each rom and we could just use one that works for all.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

healy1818

Reaction score
Ok, I'll take a look and I'll see if there is something missing or extra. The tool is great, I am currently on Liberty and it works awesome. A few things I have seen happen though, is once I install a different theme, Liberty Settings will not work. If I do the fix for it, I lose my ability to switch my phone back into GSM, through the normal settings, and that is not a good things for me since i am currently overseas.

Is it possible that somewhere in the coding of the sensors that when the phone does sleep it is somehow tied to another file and that file is missing or incorrect and that causes the reset? And is it possible that there is like a true/false piece of coding within the sensors file that when it does sleep its triggering a reset?

I know this is gonna sound very odd, but have you guys tried taking a backup of an original D2G using ROM manager, and installing it like you would a ROM and then applying your ROMer to it to see if you still get the same problem? If so, that means the ROMer could possibly be missing something or the sensors file is somehow wrong.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The *#*#4636#*#* thing works to change cdma/gsm.

I haven't tried that, I will tomorrow though.

Sent from my Liberated D2G