D2, DX, and D2G users please read.....Device Specific bugs in Liberty 2.0

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am noticing that it seems some of the small bugs found in Liberty 2.0's early release are device specific and others are across the board (like the FC's in Liberty Settings). I would like to list those that are device specific (meaning only on D2's or D2G's or whatever) and those are aren't so it is easier for Team Liberty to address the issues. I am posting this in the Droid 2 Section as I have a Droid 2.

I will update this post as more issues are posted by you guys. If you guys know of any PLEASE post them here so I can update this list. Also if I post inaccurate information or resolved issues please advise so I can update list.

Here is what I know so far. My apologies for not posting all the known issues but I haven't read all the threads completely to track em all. So I am relying on you guys to post em. I know there are threads already running in specific forums but I think this would be good for comparison and maybe we can even help team Liberty....who knows. I also think it would be nice to have forums that are ROM specific and not device specific for things like ROM releases or bug threads.

**Universal issues**

• No Charge Light (this was an issue in 1.5 as well but it is VERY minor
  • Force Close in Liberty Settings from menu (fixed by installing old toolbox from Market)

**Droid X issues**

**Droid 2 issues**

• WiFi experiencing patchy connections....says connected but doesn't always connect. (I am not experiencing this on my D2.)
  • Themed apps in toolbox names need to be fixed
  • Oreo Slice has it's own catagory in the ROM download section instead of in theme's.

**Droid 2 Global issues**

• Continues to say version 1.5 is installed after 2.0 installation
  • Onscreen keyboard Force Closes in pull down editor
  • Can't install Liberty 2.0 through new Liberty Toolbox

**Application issues**

This last one is an after thought. But I would like to see if there are known application issues that we might be able to resolve as well. If you have applications that just will not work or not work correctly please post em as well. Keep in mind that these issues ARE NOT Team Liberty's responsibility to address but we or they may be able to.

Make sure we know what device you have....not everyone has it listed in their details under their names so please post what device.

I also remind you that I am NOT part of Team Liberty....only a very satisfied and loyal customer.....oh and a "Liberated" fan

Again if you see something wrong tell me, something inaccurate tell me, resolved tell me, if something is posted under specific phone but you have same problem with different phone.....tell me. I am going to try and constantly update this thread and move issues into correct locations

**UPDATE**

Force Close on Toolbox has been resolved with a recent patch released by Jrummy.

Last edited:

droidzforlife

Beta Alpha Delta Omega 3!
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
First of all thank you for posting this cause I have noticed some bugs but just didn't have the time to read through all the other posts to make sure I wasn't bringing up an issue that has been fixed. Issues I have noticed that still need addressing:

- Wifi connects but doesn't seem to actually work
- Typo in update script, "Libery"(already emailed jrumm about this)
- Themed apps in toolbox need their names fixed ie.
App name: Trans=? and Transparent=?
- Oreo Slice has its own category in the ROM download section and should just be included into themes

That is all for now...

Thanks for the thread nerdslogic ;)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

eqforus5

Reaction score
D2G, downloaded 2.0 through donate toolbox through market and after flashing twice it says I only have 1.5. Second issue I am having is on screen keyboard fc when trying to use pull down text editor but if use regular keyboard it works fine. Using Epic Blue theme, which by the way is totally awesome.

Will check today but I believe the charge light does not work on mine either.

Agree with droidzforlife thanks for this thread it will make it easier to make issues known.

Last edited:

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
D2G issues..... Can't download through toolbox, have to get a link from a member of Team Liberty. Shows "old version" in the toolbox even after changing the version number in build.prop to 2.0.

I don't have the keyboard fc's in the pulldown text editor using the stock onscreen keyboard, which one was this reported using?

sent from a D2G with Liberty 2

eqforus5

Reaction score
Liberty 2.0 running Epic Blue. No other add ons. Keyboard fc in pulldown text editor and sporadically in settings.

xm41907

Reaction score
I was having some FCs from some of the themed apps. I don't recall which ones in particular, but Voice Search was horrible. It would FC everytime I loaded it. I reinstalled 2.0 and tried again. Same thing with Voice Search, so I reloaded it from by backup and haven't messed with the themed apps since. Running Blacked Out Blue Gingerbread. Otherwise 2.0 is running smooth and my battery life has been awesome!

eqforus5

Reaction score
I have had no issues with battery life and Epic Blue seems to be running perfectly.

bobstro

Reaction score
If Corporate email is set up with mandatory PIN for access, there is no grace period when the screen is shut off. Must enter PIN every time the screen goes off. This is unlike the normal behavior where immediately powering back on avoids having to reenter the PIN. I haven't had the problem with other ROMs.

shizumie

Reaction score
Patch for toolbox fc, in toolbox under roms. Download + install + reboot = Liberation ;-)

Lib 2.0 beta, toolbox patch, orange slice theme, swype blue chrome keys. Clocked ulv 1200

I have nothad a single fc or hiccup.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

eqforus5

Reaction score
Thought I would update and let everyone know that the update for the FC in settings fixed my problem for the FC in the on screen keyboard as well. 5 Stars to JRummy for the quick turn around time on the update.

eqforus5

Reaction score
Noticed this in 1.5 but still have the issue in 2.0 but I can't set up speed dials anymore. Any suggestions would be a help.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Speed dial is a blur feature. Currently isn't a way to do it with aosp dialers.

sent from a D2G with Liberty 2