1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

black screen

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by AdamMax350, Jan 10, 2012.

1. AdamMax350

AdamMax350 Member

finished a call and then the screen was black. fully charged within 1/2 hr. Pressed power, nothing. ended at verizon, took it apart, pulled the battery, and voila!, it worked. I'm glad it works, but more curious as to why it happened in the first place. Any ideas out here??
  2. Gudasau

Gudasau Member

There appears to be quite a few folks with this problem, including my husband. Someone suggested uninstalling the app "In Pocket" and he's been free from the BSOD (Black Screen of Death) since. I still run the app on mine and have only had BSOD once in the 3 months I've had mine... Seems each phone has it's own personality.....

From what I've read, when we finally get this new update, it should clear this up, but in the meantime, search around on the regular Bionic Forum and see what other's are saying Motorola Droid Bionic.

Hope this helps.
  3. AdamMax350

AdamMax350 Member

Thanks!! Will check it out. Glad I'm not the only one.
  4. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

You're not the only one. In fact, it's almost expected because on page 53 of the Bionic Manual:

Crash recovery
    In the unlikely event that your smartphone stops
    responding to touches and key presses, try a quick
    reset. Remove the back cover and battery (“Assemble &
    charge” on page 3), then replace and switch your
    smartphone on as usual.
Search tags for this page

4.2.1 and bionic and blank call sc

what causes droid bionic screen black