black screen

AdamMax350

Reaction score
finished a call and then the screen was black. fully charged within 1/2 hr. Pressed power, nothing. ended at verizon, took it apart, pulled the battery, and voila!, it worked. I'm glad it works, but more curious as to why it happened in the first place. Any ideas out here??

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
finished a call and then the screen was black. fully charged within 1/2 hr. Pressed power, nothing. ended at verizon, took it apart, pulled the battery, and voila!, it worked. I'm glad it works, but more curious as to why it happened in the first place. Any ideas out here??

There appears to be quite a few folks with this problem, including my husband. Someone suggested uninstalling the app "In Pocket" and he's been free from the BSOD (Black Screen of Death) since. I still run the app on mine and have only had BSOD once in the 3 months I've had mine... Seems each phone has it's own personality.....

From what I've read, when we finally get this new update, it should clear this up, but in the meantime, search around on the regular Bionic Forum and see what other's are saying Motorola Droid Bionic.

Hope this helps.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
You're not the only one. In fact, it's almost expected because on page 53 of the Bionic Manual:

Crash recovery
In the unlikely event that your smartphone stops
responding to touches and key presses, try a quick
reset. Remove the back cover and battery (“Assemble &
charge” on page 3), then replace and switch your
smartphone on as usual.