Screen goes black and phone will not wake up after call ends

mec6250

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Twice today I received a call, answered it just fine, spoke witht he caller for several minutes, when the caller ended the call, the phone screen stayed black (as if still to my ear). I could not "wake it up". Had to pull the battery. Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

Stogie4g

Reaction score
Yes, something similar has happened to me. It wasn't after a call or anything just it seemed to be a random occurrence but same symptoms. Screen was black and wouldn't wake up and had to pull the battery to restore it.

Sanitarium09

Reaction score
This has happened to me twice now. It wasn't after a call, just after it had been sleeping for a while. Notification light was blinking but the screen would not turn on. Battery had to come out.

GunnySpook

Reaction score
Add me to the list. Happened when the screen timed out. Sitting in the dock, battery fully charged. Couldn't wake it again without pulling the battery. Notification light blinking, could make out a VERY faint outline of screen content. Seems to be a display issue.

I've tried re-adjusting the timeout in setting - we'll see what happens next.

The Gunny

w3man

Reaction score
This may be common. I had this occur to me as well. My notification light was blinking amber. The only way to resolve was to pull battery.

RichStevenson

Reaction score
This makes me wonder.... I dont have the issue but I did on my D2. Maybe an app causing it that I had installed on the D2 but not the Bionic. Maybe you guys can compare apps and eliminate the common denominator?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk