Droid Bionic does not wake from sleep

DeadlyPsycho

Reaction score
Same **** happned to me

So My screen will go black and i will have to pull the battery or my phone will just freeze. I just got my phone a few days ago. I believe its time for the good old Foot to Phone method.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
So My screen will go black and i will have to pull the battery or my phone will just freeze. I just got my phone a few days ago. I believe its time for the good old Foot to Phone method.

You can try any (or all) of the following steps and see if they help the problem, before you stomp on your new phone: :)

• make sure your SIM card is seated snugly in the slot
  • verify that your screen protector doesn't cover the sensor at the top (towards the right) of the display
  • turn off In-Pocket Detection
  • set Battery Mode to 'Performance'
  • uninstall the Pandora and/or Weatherbug app (if present)
All of the aforementioned is pure speculation, as I've yet to come across a resolution myself. It's frustrating because the phone doesn't have any other serious drawbacks aside from the BSOD. Although this particular issue doesn't appear to affect a very large number of people, it's a big enough deal to warrant a thorough investigation by Motorola followed by a complete software fix. If the problem is hardware-related, then some sort of statement needs to be released by the OEM so that their customers can take appropriate action.

DeadlyPsycho

Reaction score
Yo so check this out. I really didnt want to do this but I updated my phone. And no freeze. for a bit. So if ya dont hear back from me it worked. But now my phone is locked again. And i have to try and freeze all there programs again.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Yo so check this out. I really didnt want to do this but I updated my phone. And no freeze. for a bit. So if ya dont hear back from me it worked. But now my phone is locked again. And i have to try and freeze all there programs again.

Well that's good to hear! Unfortunately, my fiance's phone didn't start having the problem until after she updated it. I know she has no desire to reset it to factory, but I'll probably suggest it before the end of the week. I want to exhaust all of our options before exchanging it for another device.

baldy54

Reaction score
same black screen problem here seem if I put it in pocket for little while it happens and I have in pocket sensor off.... happening more and more frequently! but I must say I do love this thing.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Oddly enough, she hasn't had any BSOD's since the 4G outage a week ago. Her Bionic was switched to 3G only for most of the afternoon that day, and that was the first day the phone didn't glitch up. After turning the 4G radio back on, it's still been smooth sailing.