Black Screen of death?

hydrolex99

Reaction score
My phone all of a sudden went black (screen on but just black). I did several battery pulls and restarted. All I see is a black screen, no Motorola sign and no Red Eye present. Can anybody help me please?

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
try charging your battery in the wall charger not usb for several hours... what was your battery life when it went to death? are you rooted?? if so have you done anything diffrent as of late?

OP
H

hydrolex99

Reaction score
Have rooted before currently Not rooted. Running 2.1 update-1, installed the update manually. Have had no problems lately just received an email notification saw the blinking light but my screen would not turn on (would just be black, on but black as previously stated) battery life was around half full at the time. Been charging the phone but now the light is no longer on when charging, which either means the battery is charged fully or not charging but since the phone does turn on I assume it is full charge.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sounds to me like a phone issue.. at least it under warrenty.. if we could see the motorla screen we could get you going.. best advice i have is turn on phone leave it plugged in see if charging light goes on.. if so leave it overnight try in the am.. sorry i am not much help to you. :( .hope you can get phone working.. keep me updated via pm's let me know status.. at least you were stock at the time should have no problems there with returning it.. best of luck maybe someone with more knowledge than i have can help. but i have no clue what to do if m logo does not appear

Reaction score
well have u tried loading up the bootloader screen by holding up on the dpad on the hardware keypad during boot if u can do this then it is possible to reflash 2.1 or 2.0.1 onto your droid without going to verizon but if u cannot since you were not rooted verizon should replace it for u good luck

OP
H

hydrolex99

Reaction score
Left the battery out overnight, wake up first thing I did reach over put the battery in and power on. Success hmmm idk what that was all about. Thanks for the input fellas.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Left the battery out overnight, wake up first thing I did reach over put the battery in and power on. Success hmmm idk what that was all about. Thanks for the input fellas.

Glad your phone is fixed:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I got here late, but was going to recomend a battery pull for a few seconds or so. Seems like that might have been the solution as I had the same problem once and that's what I did to fix it.

maz227

Reaction score
I had the same problem. It started about 5 days ago and got progressively worse. Battery pulls and leaving battery out for hours wouldn't fix it. Verizon replaced it today for me under warranty. They said its the 2nd one they've seen with this problem. Sucks the replacement is a remanufactured droid but so far its working well