Black screen after call

booknavel

Reaction score
Fixed

I have figured out my problem at least. My screen would stay black while on a call despite being no where near my face. After using my husband's droid to see why his did not have the same problem, I discovered an app was to blame. I had been using a very cool app called Executive Assistant (always running) as a lock screen (to keep my messages and appointments at my fingertips). Once I told this app to no longer act as a lock screen (or a welcome screen), I have not had the black screen problem after many more trials. I have emailed the developer as well to see if there is a fix so I can continue to use the app. Hope this helps.

S281

Reaction score
mine was actually a defective phone. what i figured out was it would only go black screen when sunlight was hitting the phone/proximity sensor. If i was indoors with no sunlight, no problems at all. I exchanged it for a new phone and it works perfect.

zappadragon

Reaction score
I'm starting to have the same problem. No screen cover and the power button is useless to me when this happens. I just wait and slide out the keyboard a few times and after a bit it wakes up.

HumanContract

Reaction score
Fixed it without battery pull

So it's been happening an awful lot lately and usually some way or another it goes back to home screen, but it had been on the black call screen since last night and when I woke up this morning I couldn't get it back.

I took off my Sedo case, used an air can to clean the phone, every single angle and crevice, still wasn't working. Then my dad decided to start messing with it and he was hitting all 4 bottom keys, back, menu, home, search repeatedly and all the sudden my lock screen came on. I unlocked it and it's back to normal again. I really hope I didn't rack up a whole 10 hours of minutes! :icon_eek:

Anyway, try that I guess.