Black Screen After Update

billf46

Reaction score
Two days after I updated to the 2.2 22D build last week, my screen went totally black and will not reboot. The phone seems to be working in the background, but attempting a factory reset did nothing. I know of 4 other persons locally that had the same problem after the update. I'm also having Exchange issues like everyone else. Anyone else have the black screen issue?

Detonation

Reaction score
Had a similar problem, the phone would frequently freeze on an empty desktop (I could see my wallpaper but nothing else) and the only way out was a battery pull. Only solution Verizon offered was a replacement phone.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
that is unfortunate, I am guessing you plan to take it to VZW, this definitely falls under warranty

okmista

Reaction score
I've been having the same problem except...the phone itself just freezes from time to time...averaging every 1-2days for about an hour then it goes on like nothing happened until 1-2 days later i'll have another freeze. It is VERY annoying and I've called VZW, visited the store and called motorola. VZW would only offer a replacement phone while Motorola offered to take a "look" at my phone - in the meantime, what am I supposed to use as a replacement?

Also - fine, we get a replacement since it's under warranty but how about when my year is up? Then who will take care of this everlasting problem? I am very upset.

OP
B

billf46

Reaction score
Warrantry

I just spoke with my local Verizon store, and they told me that I could keep getting warranty replacements until the year is up, then file your insurance and you can get a replacement that way. They also have a CPO (certified pre owned) program. He said a Droid would be about $300.00. I don't think so!! Another suggestion: Try to get in tight with a store employee, and just deal with that one. They can often times help you get in tight with the store manager, and the store manager's signature can override anything.