Black screen after call

arm33n

Reaction score
I've had this happen to me more than once.

Hopefully it will be fixed, it has something to do with the sensors i think

berkeleywalker

Reaction score
I have had this problem about ten times. I haven't tracked whether it only happens outside. (I do still have the plastic cover on because I wasn't sure I would like the Droid.) When the black screen has occurred, I can't call up the dial pad or turn on the speaker phone. The worst part is not being able to end the call (and racking up minutes). The phone just doesn't wake up so that I can use any controls.

Rainbowman

Reaction score
I seem to have the same problem with my droid. After completing a call, the screen went blank and I wasn't able to awake it. I tried the power button or the volume buttons which worked before, but not this time. I have a screen protector installed by a Verizon tech and the sensor wasn't covered. What worked for me after doing 2 battery pulls to no avail, was to connect the droid to the charger and it works fine now. Not sure why the battery pulls couldn't bring it back up.

MInkyboi

Reaction score
smokinfish from the other thread actually gave a pretty good solution. Screebl is a a free app that lets you choose how and when your screen blacks out when you make calls depending on the angle that you hold the phone. I tested it and it works very well.

Hopefully theyll actually release and OTA fix for this problem since it shouldnt be occuring in the first place since I personally dont like apps running in the background all the time...

berkeleywalker

Reaction score
This continues to be a sporadic problem, which is occurring inside as well as outside. I have tried all the suggestions sent to this forum, but the only one that works every time is opening the keyboard. What a drag. I just looked at the list of "enhancements" that will come with the vaunted upgrade, and I don't see anything that addresses this issue. Sigh.

Maryf

Reaction score
Another incident of the same variety: black screen after phone call. The Back/Menu/Home/Search buttons flashed a few times. Neither the power button nor sliding the keypad open worked. Although the battery was charged (guessing about 40%), I'm connecting it to the charger to see if that works.

kima

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was on the phone and after the other person hung up, my droid was stuck on a black screen. The 4 buttons on the bottom would light up at times but still a black screen. I had to do a battery pull (read i wasn't supposed to on this phone?) and I still had a black screen. So I had to do another battery pull and it finally came back. Anyone else having this problem?
Yes, I had that problem more than once. Had to pull the battery each time.

drivebylake

Reaction score
I've had the same stuck black screen at of the end of calls too. Had to pull the battery each time. Hope this new upgrade fixes this. Now I'm having the problem where my physical keyboard won't light up, ever. I just installed 2.0.1 too. Anyone else?

jmp

Reaction score
Sometimes putting it back up to your head and taking it away wakes it up again.

S281

Reaction score
this problem is really starting to piss me off. 90% of the time, the screen stays black afer a call and he on/off button doesnt wake it either. Most of the time, nothing can wake it, unless the other person hangs up and their phone disconnects first. A few of the times it reqd a battery pull to wake it back up. I even have the auto dim screen off. I was really really hoping the update would fix this, but not so much. :icon_evil:

cookieluvr

Reaction score
I've only had this phone for a week and got the OTA update yesterday and today I got the black screen that wouldn't go away until I did a battery pull. Not going to be happy about this because for all the bells and whistles that it has that I love it's my only phone so I use it for just calls alot. Sure hope they come out with a fix quick.

babyman287

Reaction score
I found the answer to the screen blacking out after calls and not turnin back on.
If you have a phone protection cover on, this will block the sensor. Take this cover off and you will see your phone work like magic again. Through many trial and error.

babyman287

Reaction score
screen blackin out answer!

I found the answer to the screen blacking out after calls and not turnin back on.
If you have a phone protection cover on, this will block the sensor. Take this cover off and you will see your phone work like magic again. Through many trial and error.

S281

Reaction score

No cover here & still have this issue