Bionic vs. Gs2

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I think you are right. I didn't realize how much it was going for still. On a side note, I saw your sig. I am having trouble changing my avatar too. I messaged hookbill about it.

And back to the topic the Bionic and Gs2 will both be good phones.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah so OG Droid it is (hopefully I will actually get one) until the Bionic comes out. And thanks!

I agree. If the GSII were to have LTE, I would take it over the Bionic but since all the indications seem to be that it will be a 3G phone, I'll pass.

Droidram56

Reaction score
Yeah so OG Droid it is (hopefully I will actually get one) until the Bionic comes out. And thanks!

I agree. If the GSII were to have LTE, I would take it over the Bionic but since all the indications seem to be that it will be a 3G phone, I'll pass.
I have read tons of posts by folks who are hanging on to their OG Droids and waiting for either the Bionic, the Function, or other alternative to the current set of recently released Verizon smartphones. I am one as well.

The three LTE phones currently offered by Verizon all seem to have issues. The Droid X2 is dual core but not LTE and its user reviews have been very mixed thus far.

I'll be glad when the Bionic release date is announced and all the crazy rumors and speculation will be over.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I try to make my decisions easy.

I'm leaning towards the Bionic. Forget everything else, I'm a Moto fan for phone reception. Reception and battery life. I've read the GS2 has good battery life too.

For me, anything else is just icing on the cake.

Droidram56

Reaction score
Hopefully Motorola is designing the Bionic in such a way that will set it apart from the other Verizon LTE phones. Your strategy sounds wise to me.

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
If the GS2 (Function on Verizon) gets here before something official from Motorola or Verizon about the Bionic, f#%& Motorola.

I feel Motorola backing into a shell similarly to a company whose name we don't speak of, with the droid they were all, it's coming and the phone is unlocked and everything was awesome. Then they started locking and encrypting bootloaders and now they're dragging out the release of a phone they said at CES would be coming out in Q2, now we're getting the vague "pegged for summer release".

Samsung was all hey, let's tell everyone its coming, send the thing into space, and send it to cyanogenmod developers, that's what I'm talking about.

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums

Droidram56

Reaction score
We have certainly been waiting long e enough for the Bionic. The longer it is delayed, the more people will jump to competitor phones. Is Motorola about to be surpassed by Samsung and HTC?
Regarding the Galaxy S II Function, it may be a viable alternative but some customers will not go for it if it does not support LTE.
I will wait but not all summer.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think we are all waiting for something (Bionic) that will have some sort of flaw. It seems like Moto cannot release a device lately without a flaw. I hope I am wrong.

Droidram56

Reaction score
I think Motorola has a lot riding on the success of the Bionic. If it turns out good it could be Verizon's flagship smartphone like the OG Droid was. If it is flawed, that will be a big setback and embarrassment for Motorola given the 6 months of hype and delays.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Eh I think you guys are giving the Bionic way too much hype and credit. It really wasn't that hyped. Maybe at CES but it's died down since then. And of course there will be flaws but the main think is will you still want to buy the phone even though it has that particular flaw?

Al Neri

Reaction score
Flawed or not this is the phone I am getting. My current phone, D1, is running like crap since the last update. I have been deleting apps like crazy to get it to run smoother but it is not helping.

illmatic636

Reaction score
Flawed or not this is the phone I am getting. My current phone, D1, is running like crap since the last update. I have been deleting apps like crazy to get it to run smoother but it is not helping.

What's your current setup? Rooted or nonroot? My D1 is running supper fast!!!
Waiting for a superior phone is not that big of a deal. What has come out recently through VZ that is sooo great?!?!?!? The last few phones were mediocre at best. Nothing that wow'd me like the OG Droid to everyone when it first came out.

But if your D1 is running like doo doo, ask a question in this forum and watch how many people here are eager to help.

Duces

Al Neri

Reaction score
It is not rooted and not running any fancy apps. Everytime I browse the web, open up the photo gallery or do anything with almost any app when I click the home button it takes about a minute of staring at my wallpaper before my widgets appear. Every function seems to lag even just making a phone call.

I am considering doing the factory reset but I worry about losing some of my stuff.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Gs2 because the bionic is a myth a urban legend like big foot yeah theres sightings but no one will ever capture it lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums