Bionic vs. Gs2

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's called the Droid Charge by the way...

I'm leaning toward the Galaxy S II(if it comes to Verizon)rather than the Bionic, because the the display(samoled over the pentile Qhd)will be better and Samsung is getting to be very dev friendly lately. Non of us are sure exactly how good the performance of the Bionic will be yet, but the GSII looks VERY good from videos I've seen of it. Blazing fast and it's super thin. Very nice phone. The Bionic would have to really impress me performance wise to get me away from the GSII.
For some odd reason,the more i c the sgs2 on youtube the more i like her and she is blazing fast-not 2 crazy about her bein 8mm thick.somebody on youtube rooted her and got her up 2 1.5-WOW!!!!

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
When will we see the S2 or Bionic!!!!! Someone has to have some insider info, some dates.

illmatic636

Reaction score
It is not rooted and not running any fancy apps. Everytime I browse the web, open up the photo gallery or do anything with almost any app when I click the home button it takes about a minute of staring at my wallpaper before my widgets appear. Every function seems to lag even just making a phone call.

I am considering doing the factory reset but I worry about losing some of my stuff.

Try using Cache Cleaner. It is free and in the market. It may help. If your home launcher has the option to "lock launcher in memory" select it.

If that does not work I would suggest getting rooted. Your experiencing Launcher redaws which in the custom rom world, is extinct. Trying to help you while your nonrooted, all I can advise is the 2 suggestions in the begining of this post.

Good luck :)
And I'd wait for what ever is impressive. So far the first half has been unimpressive from VZ.

I may switch carriers come Sept. Seems like every other carrier is getting the illest phones!!!!

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I want the S2 to come next month! Idk care if it has 4g or not. I am over my 4g wanting phase. People have been speculating September for the S2. But why would it take that long if it is has been already released through out other parts of the world. Stop being dinks Verizon and put some effort in getting this phone:)

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I want the S2 to come next month! Idk care if it has 4g or not. I am over my 4g wanting phase. People have been speculating September for the S2. But why would it take that long if it is has been already released through out other parts of the world. Stop being dinks Verizon and put some effort in getting this phone:)
Its amazing what a little time will do-im like u now-wanted lte 4g-now dont care-wanted dionic-now dont care-wanted 2 b a part of the vzw fam-now dont care.

kendeezy

Reaction score
gs2

how sure are we that the gs2 is even coming out on verizon? If it doesnt i feel like the bionic would be the best bet. I definitely want the gs2 though! looks like an amazing phone

leonozug

Reaction score
I am guessing if the GSII comes out the states Verizon will stuff an LTE radio in it. They did the same thing to the European Desire HD and called it the Thunderbolt when it hit Verizon. Unfortunately, the great battery life in the GSII will be a thing of the past. It gets amazing battery life right now with just the 3G. Personally, my area doesn't have 4G and probably won't for quite a while, so if it comes out as only 3G I'll be happy. For all we know, it may not even come out in the form we see it in right now. Think about it, if Verizon wants to stuff an LTE radio in it, it may not be as thin as it is now. What we see right now as the GSII could change completely.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Whatever phone I get, I will do like EVO 4G users did. Toggle 4G on only when I need it if I can. Since it can only be used for data right now, thats a perfect solution for me.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I think we're pretty much sure it's coming. It's going to be called the Function iirc. That's what I'm waiting for. Like someone else said. Moto usually has some kind of flaw.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think we are all waiting for something (Bionic) that will have some sort of flaw. It seems like Moto cannot release a device lately without a flaw. I hope I am wrong.

I think we're pretty much sure it's coming. It's going to be called the Function iirc. That's what I'm waiting for. Like someone else said. Moto usually has some kind of flaw.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Like the Galaxy S 1's GPS and slow updates? Or maybe the iPhone 4's antenna? Like the screen lifting off on the EVO's? Or the Sensations death grip issues? Maybe Thunderbolts reboot and battery life issues ?

No phone is perfect. Some flaws can be fixed, some not.

And of course there will be flaws but the main think is will you still want to buy the phone even though it has that particular flaw?

Well said. The best, greatest, most amazing phone out is the phone that has the cons, flaws you can live with. What was the best phone out last year to me? The Droid X. Cuz it had the cons, flaws I could live with.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
The GPS in the fascinate is absolutely horrible. Hopefully that is fixed in the S2. Also I hope the Bionic doesn't have as many software and memory allocation issues as the dx2. I wouldn't get either phone if these are the case. But yea it doesn't seem like a manufacturer can create a phone without flaws. Will the perfect device ever exist?

Sent from my fascinate

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea....the phone that has the cons you can live with will be the perfect phone...lol

Naw, I dont think that will ever happen. I havent seen it yet in any industry. Not TV's, not cars, not video games, etc.

We as people aren't perfect, so how can we make something thats perfect?