Bionic or wait for Vigor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tilrman

Reaction score
I have been researching the Bionic and debating on pulling the trigger or waiting for the Vigor....Thoughts?

Zregnier

Reaction score
honestly Bionic + extended battery = everything I could ever want in a phone. Screen is great, camera is plenty good for a phone if you know how to use it. Oh, and it is one fast MF.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's all about getting the phone you feel like suites you and that you'll be able to hold onto even when better phones come out. For me, this is the Bionic. For you, it might not. It just depends.

OP
T

tilrman

Reaction score
Thanks Zregnier,

Was looking at the Costco deal for the Bionic and even though they give you the extra battery I was thinking of getting the extended one from VZW. I currently have D2 and the battery life sucks!!

h1br1d7heory

Reaction score
1) Motorola > HTC
2) If you wait for the Vigor, then another phone better than that will be "coming soon"
3) IMO, the ability to use Webtop > any phone

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
The Bionic being from Moto was the kicker for me. Now that I have it, I am sooo impressed. Fast and buttery smooth.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The problem is that when the Vigor comes out there'll be yet another phone coming out that'll have even more features. I go with the others on what suits you.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Only reason I would have waited for the vigor would have been a bigger screen, but it didn't have one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

mach330

Reaction score
i was debating the same thing. i'm sure the vigor/tb2 will have a better screen. i am curious about the hd screen. i'm not feeling this pentile qHD, but it's ok right now. It just bothers me a bit sometimes. however, i'm sure the htc's battery will suck (like they always do). I'm not putting an extended battery on that thing as it will be huge. the only thing that i will probably regret is if the prime is good. By good to me is (gsII build quality, not like the plasticy typical sammy), hd display with superamoled plus, and good battery life. but if i really like that, i will use my wife's upgrade early next year to get that and give her my bionic. but i'm loving the bionic so far (except display).

SANhacker

Reaction score
After reading all the issues with the Bionic
o Crappy screen (which I saw in person)
o Terrible Camera
o Headset static
o Dropping 4G and requiring a battery pull to regain network connection

I've decided to wait until December and see what Santa has to offer. I'm not waiting for the next best phone in 2012, just the best phone available in December. Not saying it won't be the Bionic if the above issues are addressed. I do know the price of the Bionic will drop like a rock when either Vigor or Prime or whatever comes out. For me, my OG Droid is rooted, overclocked and running strong and I can certainly wait three months for that blazing 4G speed.:p

JaCelica2k

Reaction score
i was debating the same thing. i'm sure the vigor/tb2 will have a better screen. i am curious about the hd screen. i'm not feeling this pentile qHD, but it's ok right now. It just bothers me a bit sometimes. however, i'm sure the htc's battery will suck (like they always do). I'm not putting an extended battery on that thing as it will be huge. the only thing that i will probably regret is if the prime is good. By good to me is (gsII build quality, not like the plasticy typical sammy), hd display with superamoled plus, and good battery life. but if i really like that, i will use my wife's upgrade early next year to get that and give her my bionic. but i'm loving the bionic so far (except display).

This is where I am at. I bought the Costco bundle......Think it was a great value but I am not sure yet if this phone is for me. It is really fast and I like almost everything about it except the screen and the locked bootloader. One minute the screen really bothers be.....the next I'm like maybe it's not so bad.....Should I really have to say "not so bad" about a $300 phone? Also....with my original Droid having it open is the only thing that helped me make it almost 2 years with it......With this one being locked down how am I going to feel about it in 1 year......when I still have another 8 mos to go before I can upgrade? And finally....Ice Cream Sandwich.....Bigger screens because of no capacitive buttons......Yes the Bionic will get ICS but when? And how will it function with the capacitive buttons? I am really tempted to return it and just wait it out for that ICS phone. But if it comes out and the call quality/battery life/gps lock/etc suck....I will be very disappointed. Thoughts? I still have a little over a week to make my decision.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Screen is pretty good IMO. Especially in the daylight.
Camera is turning out to be really good now that people are learning how to use it properly
I have zero static and I've never dropped 4g.

chris420o

Reaction score
whoever complains about the screen on this phone....needs to get a life...if u want hd 1080p crystal clear picture go watch tv n shut up...its a damn cellphone...this phones screen is so vivid it almost looks 3d at sometimes and i am VERY nitpicky...the only reason people b*tch about the screen is bc they have nothing else to say about the phone...and are on samsungs jock for w.e reason when this time last year eveyone would puke on samsung now their the best bc they make skinny girl jean iphone wanna be cellphones...i cant stand samsung id buy an iphone before i bought a wanna be iphone...moto has the BEST build quality....now if u wanna pay the same price for a lil better screen(possibly) in the vigor with WORSE build quality and potentially and most likely worse battary life then get the vigor....its not a better phone 1.0 is not worse then 1.5 dual when the 1.0 has a better chipset.....and another thing everyone talks about locked bootlaoders what happens when this phones unlocked just like the vigor might be so ur tellin me u rather a worse made phone running stock android after root and rom flash then a better made moto runnin the same thing? MAKES ZERO SENSE(pun intended)

chris420o

Reaction score
one thing though...bionic is not perfect but what phone released has been?....my only real beef with the phone which is pretty big in my eyes is that it loses data and only restarting the phone fixes it...like really? thats a big bug not to fix before release lol but i hear all these 4g lte phones have this problem hopefully and update will fix it as it better happen soon bc its quite annoying...it happens to me maybe 2 times a day prob if that maybe 3 depends its weird reminds me of my og running gingerbread and having to restart the data to get data back(maybe a gingerbread problem?)

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
After reading all the issues with the Bionic
o Crappy screen (which I saw in person)
o Terrible Camera
o Headset static
o Dropping 4G and requiring a battery pull to regain network connection

I've decided to wait until December and see what Santa has to offer. I'm not waiting for the next best phone in 2012, just the best phone available in December. Not saying it won't be the Bionic if the above issues are addressed. I do know the price of the Bionic will drop like a rock when either Vigor or Prime or whatever comes out. For me, my OG Droid is rooted, overclocked and running strong and I can certainly wait three months for that blazing 4G speed.:p

You obviously saw a bad/defective bionic ... most of us have none of those issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.