Bionic for Rezound

map0824

Reaction score
I have had my Bionic since a week after release. Since then I've had 4 other Bionics. Random reboots, unable to place calls, and too many data connection problems to count. I really loved the Bionic but am tired of starting over every other week. I haven't seen too many issues discussed on here with the Resound as I have the Bionic.

Has anyone else made this switch?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Coupe

Reaction score
I have no droid experience other than this phone, but fwiw mechanically it works well and has not given me any real issues with anything but push email, and think I have the answer for that now.

Last edited:

gcoken

Reaction score
I have had the Bionic since day one, did the upgrade of software and have had ZERO problems before the upgrade and none after so I can't understand why you have had so many problems. Did you root it or try to, why was it so troublesome.....Mine has great speed...able to tether it with PDAnet with no problems. Haven't had any reboots or lost files.

OP
M

map0824

Reaction score
Not rooted. I'm not very technical...just use for web, email, and games. I always have 4G off to help conserve battery so I know that wasn't the issue. The weird thing is it seemed to get worse after the update last week.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
do you happen to live in a fringe or 3G only zone? if so that's a LOT of the problem. I had a bionic for 2 months, and now have had a rezound for a month. Bionic... data drops constantly. Rezound... data drops...? What data drops? I've said this in other posts and echo it hear, I have seen my 3G icon disappear, I've never EXPERIENCED a loss in data (aside from nationwide outages, and one issue on VZ's side in one instance), IE I can keep doing whatever I'm doing even when that icon disappears for a split second. Typically the tower switch or the demand for re-authentication on the 3G towers is what causes the problem... I dunno what, but the rezound seems to conquer that problem. Loss of webtop and HD media dock sucks.... all the pro's of the rezound made it an easy swap especially since I owned neither of those accessories.