Big Problem

gunz.jones

Reaction score
It will only load from the root of the card as update.zip and will not run if not signed using the stock recovery. The bootstrap clockwork is able to do much more.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

nickb1

Reaction score
It will only load from the root of the card as update.zip and will not run if not signed using the stock recovery. The bootstrap clockwork is able to do much more.

Maybe its the up key your supposed to hold. I remember doing that when I flashed mine.

iwearhats

Reaction score
sounds to me like he's forgetting to hit the magnifying glass (search button) on the keyboard.

OP
Raditude

Raditude

Reaction score
Well I never seen anything that said I was supposed to do that. I just tried it, and a menu came up.

EDIT: Now when I try to load the update, I get "signature verification failed." I know it's named correctly, because I don't hide file extensions in Windows. (whoever came up with the idea of hiding file extensions is a douche)

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I never seen anything that said I was supposed to do that. I just tried it, and a menu came up.

EDIT: Now when I try to load the update, I get "signature verification failed." I know it's named correctly, because I don't hide file extensions in Windows. (whoever came up with the idea of hiding file extensions is a douche)

Is it a VZW update you are trying to load? Through the stock recovery?

It needs to be a VZW signed update.zip if you want to load through stock recovery.

OP
Raditude

Raditude

Reaction score
It's the deodexed rom from here.

I can't get my phone to flash to the Clockwork Recovery.

iwearhats

Reaction score
I'd just SBF that ish.

EDIT:
------

NM. Install Bootstrapper from market or Koush's mybrainhurts dot com. fash to CW > then install.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

You NEED an alternate recovery to flash that ROM. No 2 ways about it. I've heard that the Premium ROM Manager (Paid app) eliminates some issues regarding recovery, but being I only own a D1, that may not be much help to you.

Good luck.

iwearhats

Reaction score

You NEED an alternate recovery to flash that ROM. No 2 ways about it. I've heard that the Premium ROM Manager (Paid app) eliminates some issues regarding recovery, but being I only own a D1, that may not be much help to you.

Good luck.

Yes, that's right. The Koush's Bootstrapper app, from what I understand, is an exploit that allows us to bypass the locked bootloader and into CW. It must be ran everytime you want to boot into recovery.

OP
Raditude

Raditude

Reaction score
I tried flashing with RSDLite using the full SBF from here.

I got this error message:

Failed Flashing Process. Failed Flashing Process. Phone[0000]: Phone is not compatible with multi-interface super-file. (0x703B); phone connected.

It looks like it's booting up fine and retained my settings, though.

I don't have the money to buy the bootstrapper right now.

gunz.jones

Reaction score
You need to install all the motorola drivers....then connect the phone and wait for rsd to catch up. Select sbf and go....that's to install the image of the original os....haven't seen an sbf of a custom rom.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I tried flashing with RSDLite using the full SBF from here.

I got this error message:

Failed Flashing Process. Failed Flashing Process. Phone[0000]: Phone is not compatible with multi-interface super-file. (0x703B); phone connected.

It looks like it's booting up fine and retained my settings, though.

I don't have the money to buy the bootstrapper right now.

If it retained your settings it didn't do anything. SBF Full files will wipe all data on the device (minus sdcard data).

OP
Raditude

Raditude

Reaction score
Ok, so now what do I do? Is it a bad SBF file?

Should I try a factory reset, or will I run into trouble since it's rooted and I deleted the bloatware?