Big problem....

obutto

Reaction score
I got my Droid2 today, rooted it. Now I loaded bootstrap and decided to wipe everything but now my Droid2 is stuck at the motorola logo...What can I do?

OP
O

obutto

Reaction score
Oh god 15% battery left...This is going to be a close call while flashing...

and I found a method thanks to the forum (previous posts). If this flash doesn't go through I don't know what I'm going to do...

OP
O

obutto

Reaction score
What do you mean you wiped everything?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

I wasn't going to install a ROM. I just simply just Wiped Cache, Wiped Data Partition, Format Boot; the whole 10 yards (thought I could get a straight up start from a stock ROM, my refurbished droid came with some apps like need for speed on it for some strange reason). I rebooted to a 15 minute long Motorola Logo and realized that something was wrong. I rebooted to recovery and expected an easy fix (previous Droid 1 user) but alas Bootstrap does not equal cwrecovery (reliability). So I ended up flashing back to stock using RSD lite. Thank god it worked...Droid booted up then shut down 15 seconds later because of battery.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nice that's the definition of drama. Glad you got it worked out.

OP
O

obutto

Reaction score
What would have happened if the battery died? Couldn't u just charge it?

Battery cannot charge if you can't go past Moto logo.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Battery cannot charge if you can't go past Moto logo.

I didn't know that...

It's a terrible feeling when your phone is biffed and you have yourself all in a panic! But going through the problems is a good learning experience on what not to do. Thank goodness for sbf!