Anyone up to making a custom boot animation??

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Hey guys! I am still too new to the droid world and don't have the time right now to even 'attempt' to get into trying this on my own yet. I am looking for a boot animation with the Chicago Cubs logo. Maybe like the red, white and blue logo that the color 'drains' out as it loads. I'm not even quite sure if someone can do this or how exactly to load it. I am running the stock rom (rooted of course) and do have bootstrap, rom manager and super manager installed if that helps! Anyone wanna take this on???

Thanks in advance!

jamesondroid

Reaction score
Im actually doing this as we speak... check this out for the how to and also check out this, I used it on my D2G and it works perfect.

OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
This was supposed to be in the DX threads but since the D2 has the same basic setup I'l leave it here. I can't wait to see the finished product!

OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Well I'm really hoping that you can pull this one off. I have been looking into doing it myself but haven't quit figured it out yet. I really hope it's not too much of a pain in the a$$ either...

Big Ry

Reaction score
There's a member here who was making some pretty sick ones last summer for the D1. Crap, I totally forget his name but I think he was an ex-marine and his avatar was a picture of a big bald guy (I assume it was a picture of him) lol. Sorry, if it comes to me, ill post his name. The guy made a sweetass DNA/resident evil unbrella corp-like boot animation.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Wolf Irotisha

Reaction score
There's a member here who was making some pretty sick ones last summer for the D1. Crap, I totally forget his name but I think he was an ex-marine and his avatar was a picture of a big bald guy (I assume it was a picture of him) lol. Sorry, if it comes to me, ill post his name. The guy made a sweetass DNA/resident evil unbrella corp-like boot animation.

Id sport the Resident Evil one on my D2 anyday ^.^

Big Ry

Reaction score
I don't know that it was supposed to be a resident evil boot anim....just reminded me of resident evil. I may still have it on my computer, but it'd need to be ported to the D2 probably. I can check tomorrow.

Wolf Irotisha

Reaction score
I don't know that it was supposed to be a resident evil boot anim....just reminded me of resident evil. I may still have it on my computer, but it'd need to be ported to the D2 probably. I can check tomorrow.

I didnt see it before. but hey if its umbrellas logo then its R.E. and take your time. i dont even remember HOW to change the Boot ani.

OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
funny thing is this was actually supposed to be in the DX threads cause that's what i've got. My wife has the D2 and I know that they are, for lack of better wording, very similar in changing the boot ani. I asked in that thread for this and no one wanted to take it on. I appreciate that now it getting more looks in here. I just really hope that it can be done. I was also looking for this same idea to be made into a batt meter (10% increments) as well. through a metamorph install process. Anyone know who can do that too?

Big Ry

Reaction score
I checked and I don't have that boot anim, and I still can't remember that guys name :/ lol

Big Ry

Reaction score
Carlz28!!!!!!

Thats the guys name! Look finally saw him post again and I made it a point to dig up this old thread just to tell you. :)

thebird36

Reaction score
i was actually attempting 1 2 weeks ago but i couldn't figure out how to change the pics to clear and 480x480 i was thinking a waving american flag haha but i couldn't find a .gip sized 1 at the right side hah i gave up