apex boot animation

Reaction score
[BOOT ANIMATION] Custom boot animations for ApeX (updated 3/7)

*AS OF 3/7 NOW 4 CUSTOM BOOT ANIMATIONS*

got bored one day and put together some boot animations specifically for us running apex. check them out and let me know what you think. comments/suggestions/requests welcome
apex.gif

**** see post 12 for a full size version of this one. post 24 is a dancing droid above the apex logo, post 26 is a dark knight boot animation with sound, and post 32 is a honeycomb blue version of the original ****

Last edited:
OP
brewcrewwheels
Reaction score
cool. i'm glad you like it. i'm gonna try and clean it up a little tonight. i also want to see how much bigger i can make it without it getting too distorted. i'll update the original post when i'm done.

harshd2000

Reaction score
sweet this looks really good man. Easy to implement too! For the ones who to not know... first download the file on the root of the sdcard. Then follow the following steps in terminal emulator

su
sys -rw
cp /sdcard/bootanimation.zip /data/local/bootanimation.zip
sys -ro
reboot

Thats it. you are done.

xliderider

Reaction score
sweet this looks really good man. Easy to implement too! For the ones who to not know... first download the file on the root of the sdcard. Then follow the following steps in terminal emulator

su
sys -rw
sys -ro
reboot

Thats it. you are done.

I use Root Explorer, much easier to copy/paste for an ID10T like me. :D

pimpannara

Reaction score
nice thanks! i was about to ask how we could access it without using root explorer

su
sys -rw
sys -ro
reboot

Thats it. you are done.

OP
brewcrewwheels
Reaction score
here, try this one. i tried making it full size, but it seemed blurry. give it a shot. if it looks good, i'll replace the original. if there was a bigger version of the logo pic available, i would use that instead and remake it.

edit: i just tried it myself. it looks a little stretched out, but it fills the whole screen. like i said above, i can do better if i have a larger original

Last edited:

pimpannara

Reaction score
sweet thanks ill try this out after class tonight and let u know. im cool with it being a bit blurry, id just like to have the whole screen filled.

ShadowDroid

Reaction score
you should ask Fab for the original photo of the one on his page that might help you create a larger one that isnt either as blurry or pixelated