Best Vanilla/Google Experience Rom?

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
go with liberty. It is just about 100% aosp and will provide you with a "google" experience.

this is a common misconception.. the APPS are nearly 100% aosp.

I'd put total aosp-likeness way less than that. There are 3 framework parts compiled from aosp. The drivers, libs, majority of framework, etc. are not compiled from aosp.

rubiX is just as aosp-like. Fission I believe is less, since they've started adding blur packages back.

You would not go wrong with either Liberty, Gummy or rubiX for COMPLETE aosp-like.

As I stated before, Obsidian, Cobalt, and Ultimate Droid are the only 3 TRUE AOSP roms, the only 3 true google experience roms.

edit: I'm not knocking on Liberty in any way, shape, or form, by the way. Kejar and JRummy are great guys. I was with Kejar when he did most of the adjustments to pull it closer to AOSP. I'm trying to inform, not knock.

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Lol don't mess with drod! Rubix ftw

lol i'm just curious as to what's incorrect.. all the information I posted is 100% accurate. you could ask kejar and jrummy themselves. I've worked with both of them countless times, and provided plenty of input and theories to their work as well as my own, and technically, UD, Cobalt and Obsidian are the only 3 google experience rom's. They're truly AOSP built, although the kernel isn't replaced, the whole system partition is replaced with source. No moto is found in the framework or otherwise. Check liberty, rubix, fission and gummyjar, they all have moto stuff sprinkled throughout the roms.