Best rooting how to......

Vitticeps

Reaction score
If you're diligent and determined to read the info at rootyourdroid.info, just use the google cache.
Kind of a pain but just google rootyourdroid.info and see the cache of the main page, find the link want to read and google again using the site filter like: "site:rootyourdroid.info obtaining root" and view the cache of that page. You can read the whole site this way but you wont see any pictures and the files you'll have to find elsewhere.

DroidxRage

Reaction score
I have access to the whole guide in Word format, and all the files needed to root if anyone is in a pinch...

I can probably link to my Skydrive or something, just post here and I'll see what I can do

xkaper

Reaction score
Congrats on your root. If you have any questions feel free to ask

gruve

Reaction score
I am successfully rooted.

Rocket.Snarky.jpg

The best guide IMO is on youtube, step by step, play, pause, play, pause.

Snarky!

OP
Aiesline

Aiesline

Reaction score
Yes I used Matt's process. I used bugless beast. I installed the theme he suggested , however it killed the live wallpapers so I removed it. Now I am working on playing with home screen set up. Looking for cool widgets and such. I can see how rooting your phone can become quickly addictive. I overclocked. Not a whole lot.. just to 800 but it seems to give the performance bump I wanted without a huge battery sacrifice. I'm rambling so I'll shut up now :)

M

Matth3w

Read Matth3w's how-to. I followed it having never rooted the phone before and everything worked perfectly: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ha...-phone-2-1-rom-o-c-mm-boot-animation-etc.html
He's going to have the same problem. I rooted on Saturday for the first time. I started trying to follow Matth3w's guide, had it printed out and everything. But that same site had bandwidth exceeded, so I had to go searching for another link. Found one on alldroid but I read a poster yesterday or today that said that one's down now too.

Also - as awesomesauce as Matth3w's guide is (very much so!) - the links and some of the info are a bit outdated. It still references Sholes.info to get something needed to flash SPRecovery.

After all that careful, OCD planning, I ended up manually applying an update.zip to gain root and then using DMUpdater to finally get SPRecovery after ROM Manager was only booting into stock recovery when trying to flash either SPR or CW.

To the OP - as much as I wanted to do it all manually, I can tell you it is a heck of a lot easier to just read up on DMUpdater and rooting/flashing in general so you have some idea what's going on, then just taking the easy way to root & get SPR. Then flash whatever ROM you want.
How are my links outdated? They all work. No broken links.