Can't restore Droid 4 to stock! SU app is still there with no root access! Help!

Rocky

Reaction score
Hey, guys!

I've tried several times the hard factory data reset with no luck. I just want to start from scratch (actual scratch, without the SU app) and re-root.

This SU app has remained since after the ICS OTA update without the phone even having root access anymore after then.

Any links to whatever might help are greatly appreciated. I've searched a lot and can't find a solution.

Thanks!

Rocky

P.S. I'm not very smart at the Android talk and work, but I'll do my best to figure it out.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Go to the Droid4 section of this site, look in Hacks and Roms sections for instructions on how to fastboot the phone back to stock. Factory reset merely erases your personal data and settings, it doesn't wipe the phone clean. Before fastbooting I would erase internal and external memory (setting > storage).

If I find the instructions I'll post a new reply.

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
Go to the Droid4 section of this site, look in Hacks and Roms sections for instructions on how to fastboot the phone back to stock. Factory reset merely erases your personal data and settings, it doesn't wipe the phone clean. Before fastbooting I would erase internal and external memory (setting > storage).

If I find the instructions I'll post a new reply.

Here are the instructions on how to fastboot, although it's for gingerbread it's the same process. The only thing different is the sbf file.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...otorola-droid-4-xt894-stock-windows-only.html

The ICS sbf file is here: Droid-Developers SBF
(It is Android Version 4.0.4)
You absolutely made my day! :biggrin: Thanks a million! dancedroid

Now I'll just hopefully be able to follow the instructions...:happy3:

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
Orange Choochoo, in case you are able to kindly help again:
12. Open RSDLite, press the "..." button at the top, and select the fastboot image .zip file
This 12th step is driving me nutz! I'm stuck at this step, because I can't find that famous "fastboot image .zip file"!

I was, however, able to decompress something similar, this:

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Downloads\VRZ_XT894_6.7.2-180_DR4-16_M2-37_1FF.xml (1).zip

But that didn't do the trick. After rebooting I notice I still haven't been able to fully restore. (This SU app just won't go!)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Rocky