Best rooted wifi app

cbreze

Reaction score
What's the advantage to a 3rd party app over just using the hotspot feature on the maxx? I'm rooted and have the hotspot configured for free access. Just curious as it connects very well the way it is. Is this method not a stealth mode way of doing it ? Otherwise I don't see any advantage to going 3rd party.

MaXGTS

Reaction score
I'm also using the built in Mobile Hotspot app. But remember that before 6.12.173, it didn't work correctly. Before the .173 update, I was using WiFi Tether 3.1 beta 11.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
Well, I used it this past month a few times. Not a lot, but a few times. Enough so that if I was going to be charged, I would have been. I wasn't. However, if you go over board, like this one guy said in another post, I'm sure that they would catch you. He stated that he was using it 20-30GB per month. For that much, he should be paying the dang $30 per month.

I totally agree. It's a lot like when people on cox cable figured out the TFTP config file and redirecting it to a directory on their PC with their own config file thus configuring their own bandwidth ceiling, works great, BUT EASY TO CATCH IF YOU ABUSE IT. In my case all I'm doing is using it to facilitate ROM manager being able to download ROMs etc on my deactivated D1, probably doesn't add more than a GB a month to my regular use.