The best.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I don't see any bashing of other phones on this thread. When people get their new device they like to give a shout out if they are pleased. I think its awesome.

There are lots of good devices out there and everyone does the same. I bought my boy the Gnex and he thinks his device is greatest too. His fits his needs and my MAXX fits mine. Rock on.

You are right, I guess I've just read sooo many of these threads that have turned in to fights that it just gets old! I'm a wrist watch nut and belong to a watch forum also. Over there Rolex owners fight the Omega owners just the same! Mods have to step in, delete posts etc so I guess it goes on no matter what the product!

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
Spent 2 weeks with a Gnex and absolutely loved it, but had to give it up due connectivity issues and poor signal strength. It killed me to do it. Great phone. Fantastic screen, and loved ICS.
Gave it back and took advantage of the Maxx Bogo deal and glad I did. Fantastic phone and it surprised me in many ways. Thought I would hate going back to Gingerbread and dealing with Blur after experiencing pure Google on the Nexus, but after playing with it and downloading ADW launcher, I really like it. Fast and reliable and easy to navigate. The battery is the no brainier on this phone as far as plus's and I do not know what I would do with going back to 12 hours run time between charges after having 48 to 50 hours like now. The radio's on this phone are the best I have ever had, and the signal strength is second to none.
I usually am always looking for the next best phone, but I love this phone so much I think I will be able to look past all the great new phones coming out this year like the S3, One X, Padfone and the great for my poor eyesight Galaxy Note, and be extremely content with this fantastic Dualcore, 50 hour runtime Maxx.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Spent 2 weeks with a Gnex and absolutely loved it, but had to give it up due connectivity issues and poor signal strength. It killed me to do it. Great phone. Fantastic screen, and loved ICS.
Gave it back and took advantage of the Maxx Bogo deal and glad I did. Fantastic phone and it surprised me in many ways. Thought I would hate going back to Gingerbread and dealing with Blur after experiencing pure Google on the Nexus, but after playing with it and downloading ADW launcher, I really like it. Fast and reliable and easy to navigate. The battery is the no brainier on this phone as far as plus's and I do not know what I would do with going back to 12 hours run time between charges after having 48 to 50 hours like now. The radio's on this phone are the best I have ever had, and the signal strength is second to none.
I usually am always looking for the next best phone, but I love this phone so much I think I will be able to look past all the great new phones coming out this year like the S3, One X, Padfone and the great for my poor eyesight Galaxy Note, and be extremely content with this fantastic Dualcore, 50 hour runtime Maxx.

Yea, blur got a bad rep and I don't really know why. I think Moto made GB a far better experience than vanilla.

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
Yea, blur got a bad rep and I don't really know why. I think Moto made GB a far better experience than vanilla.

Funny, but I thought I would root and ROM this right away, but I like it enough that I think I will run stock , unrooted and wait for ICS in the late summer. Never would have thunk it.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I certainly agree that there is no "best phone." I had held on to my original Droid for almost two and half years waiting for a 4G/LTE phone and when they began to show up I resisted the temptation to upgrade immediately until the "new" wore off and there was a consensus on strengths and weaknesses. The GNX was very tempting and I figured that's where I would go when word about it began to leak last fall. But frankly, I wasn't willing to upgrade to any 4G phone that wouldn't last a full day without a charge.

So for me, the RM was the choice. I love this phone. Not interested in rooting it. I've been down that road and it's an enjoyable hobby but I have too many other hobbies. I'm sure I'd be enamored by the Nexus. And I'm looking forward to ICS. But for my uses the RM is a better choice.

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well maybe we need to start a I got my RAZR MAXX thread like the main Razr forum has? Then there would not be redundant threads and people like me who just got the phone and want to sing its praises can post and say so with out getting snapped at. After reading this thread it makes me not want to post about it at all. :frown:

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
Well maybe we need to start a I got my RAZR MAXX thread like the main Razr forum has? Then there would not be redundant threads and people like me who just got the phone and want to sing its praises can post and say so with out getting snapped at. After reading this thread it makes me not want to post about it at all. :frown:

It is fun to share your new found enthusiasm for a new phone, specially a great one like the Maxx. Go Ahead, sing away. Don't worry about the negative posts. Every forum and every thread has them. You have a great phone. Good choice. Enjoy!

cece5702

Reaction score
It is fun to share your new found enthusiasm for a new phone, specially a great one like the Maxx. Go Ahead, sing away. Don't worry about the negative posts. Every forum and every thread has them. You have a great phone. Good choice. Enjoy!

I second that! You sing as long and loud as you want to! You made an awesome purchase and you can talk freely abt it :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Funny, but I thought I would root and ROM this right away, but I like it enough that I think I will run stock , unrooted and wait for ICS in the late summer. Never would have thunk it.

I put a leaked version of the same blur on my DX a year ago this month. It was much better than anything Froyo even with the best roms. I stopped flashing anything else and just stayed stock rooted. Same when I grabbed the Bionic. I bet Moto does a pretty good job with ICS!

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I second that! You sing as long and loud as you want to! You made an awesome purchase and you can talk freely abt it :)

I guess I just thought it weird some where giving the OP a hard time about posting when he posted in the MAXX forum where you would think it would be okay to love on it. :D

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
I guess I just thought it weird some where giving the OP a hard time about posting when he posted in the MAXX forum where you would think it would be okay to love on it. :D
So go ahead and share with us what you love about your new phone.dancedroid

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just going on record ...

Nexus doesn't carry the "DROID" name..

----posted maxx'ed out----

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
Just going on record ...

Nexus doesn't carry the "DROID" name..

----posted maxx'ed out----

? Did someone call it a Droid Nexus?

I guess you are referring to this post.

I have the best phone, its an original razr and I only need to charge it once per month so ha! Lol do you guys really have nothing else to do but debate which Droid is the best Droid of all the Droids? ;-) trollolololol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Last edited:

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well what I'm loving is my phone has been off the charger for 14hrs and is sitting with 56% battery. I am digging that! :icon_ lala:

cece5702

Reaction score
Don't you luv it? Mine is weighing in at 17 hours with 50% left. Woo Hoo!