Best Droid X case

Mont

Reaction score
I never heard of Kraken, Outterbox, Defender and what not before I read these forums a while back, I thought the high end is and always was Bodyglove why no love there?

Thats what I use now, without even seeing it in person Im sure the cases you all are mentioning is greater protection over all but I can't imagine anything being as slim as possible and more stylish then the body glove.

I am a clip-on-belt phone carrying person and BodyGlove for years been my provider. But I have to admit you will be buying a couple of them(probably a few Im on my 2nd in 5 months)

I remember months ago looking on ebay at the Kraken and em but until I can see in person I kind of strayed.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the Otterbox Commuter and it is great, but I hate having thick rubber over the front buttons. Makes them harder to push and I just don't like the feels.

All of the two piece snap together cases, suck. All of them. The first time you drop the phone and it lands on the corner, it pops the two pieces out and both the pieces and your now unprotected phone go skittering across the pavement. I had one pop open from a drop of only 1 foot. It's a crappy design.

The only ones that hold up to a fall are the ones that wrap around the phone and clamp to it. The hybrid cases that put the rubber cover and then have an exoskeleton, are the best IMHO.

I just ordered the Incipio case, and if I like that one better I will report back.

dAi

Reaction score
I am happy with the Otterbox commuter case, except the buttons but you get used to it, I've dropped it many times and my phone is fine

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am happy with the Otterbox commuter case, except the buttons but you get used to it, I've dropped it many times and my phone is fine

Other than the button issue I think it is great. I just found the Incipio for $22 shipped so I figured I would give it a try.

dAi

Reaction score

Other than the button issue I think it is great. I just found the Incipio for $22 shipped so I figured I would give it a try.

Let us know how it goes!

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score

Let us know how it goes!

Will do, I will get some nice pictures too, so that you can see the fit and finish and all that.

Comeiro

Reaction score
I use the Otterbox Commuter Series Case and absolutely love it. Can't say I've used any other cases though.

jkinsey435

Reaction score
picturing that is kind of funny .... but seriously, the X is a big fone, not much you can do for your situation than to get a pouch for it or something with a belt clip if you're into that.

with a beltclip/holster you can also clip it to your pocket, so it's ok if it's sticking out part of the way. if you carry a purse, belt clip it to the purse.

but if u prefer it on you at all times, maybe u'd be best off with a smaller form-factor fone like the incredible

One of the reasons I bought the X was because of it's size. I like my cell to feel like a "real" phone. I likely will just find a belt clip or pouch for it.

zero7404

Reaction score
picturing that is kind of funny .... but seriously, the X is a big fone, not much you can do for your situation than to get a pouch for it or something with a belt clip if you're into that.

with a beltclip/holster you can also clip it to your pocket, so it's ok if it's sticking out part of the way. if you carry a purse, belt clip it to the purse.

but if u prefer it on you at all times, maybe u'd be best off with a smaller form-factor fone like the incredible

One of the reasons I bought the X was because of it's size. I like my cell to feel like a "real" phone. I likely will just find a belt clip or pouch for it.

i agree 100%...

i got tired of using the otterbox commuter so i switched to the incipio silicrylic, feels much better while handling, but some may like the added protection of the commuter's port and screen button covers ....

sent via android

Mont

Reaction score
All of the two piece snap together cases, suck. All of them. The first time you drop the phone and it lands on the corner, it pops the two pieces out and both the pieces and your now unprotected phone go skittering across the pavement. I had one pop open from a drop of only 1 foot. It's a crappy design.

The only ones that hold up to a fall are the ones that wrap around the phone and clamp to it. .

That is true 90% of my nicks and dents came from that.

And there is no warning when it wears out and time to replace, just a slight nudge against something then timbeerrr...nooooo

I have to rethink my position with the Body Glove now, I just love the way it looks and how sleek it is.