Best Droid X case

mh0234

Reaction score
Just got my X last weekend and bought a Body Glove. Gotta say that I'm loving it. Way more then the one I had for my OG Droid. Just my .02.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

tjm999

Reaction score
I got the OtterBox while travelling last week. It's pretty solid but I don't think it adds bulk, I like it. Now I have to see if I can make it fit my car dock, I've heard it can be made to fit.

Serialkilla

Reaction score
The Trident Kraken case is awesome. It's a tough case like otterbox,but in my opinion - and I do have both cases, I believe the Trident is better. I wasn't at all impressed with the otterbox defender - which i have always used on all my previous devices. The quality of the otterbox was very poor - as if they just made it for the look now,instead of durability. The bottom right corner was loose and creeked when pressing the home or menu key. Also, the opening for the mic,earpiece,and camera lens aren't protected like they have been in the past.
The Trident Kraken has all those issues resolved,and it fits tight as a glove! Also, the case comes in a variety of colors as well. This is the exact one I have - color and all,and seller I bought it from - $28 and free shipping,worth every cent!
GREEN for Trident Kraken Motorola Droid X Hard Case - eBay (item 370485263947 end time Mar-18-11 17:23:52 PDT)

Serialkilla

Reaction score
Why are you selling the commuter.

I didn't like the slippery feel of the plastic outer case, I didn't like the idea of a stick-on screen protector, and the rubber flap wouldn't go in the plug holes and was just hanging out there.

I like the feel of the bigger cases, makes the phone more secure in my hands. So with that said, I using the Defender now and I'd like to try out a Kraken.

Steve

Get it bro, you won't be disappointed... check my link above - $28!

asaunders

Reaction score
I picked up the Otter Box Commuter. Not too bad of a case. So far, no issues with the screen.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mwshows

Reaction score
I use the Kraken as well. It's an absolute beast of a case and fits extremely well. If you use the extended battery, you'll need to leave the battery door off to make it fit right, but that's no big deal comsidering the amount of protection offered by the case itself. I also love tbe fact that it has a raised kind of "hump" on the bottom similar to what you have on the top with the camera hump. When you are holding the phone horizontally playing games, texting, or surfing the web, that extra bottom hump on the back of the phone makes my hands feel so much more comfortable.

I think the only real drawback I found is that with big fingers, it's hard to pull down the notification bar or get to the edge of the screen. If I want to move widgets from screen to screen, I would have to take the case off to do so. It's a small price to pay for what I consider the best protection and best overall feel in my hands.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Janet1025

Reaction score
I use the Kraken as well. It's an absolute beast of a case and fits extremely well. If you use the extended battery, you'll need to leave the battery door off to make it fit right, but that's no big deal comsidering the amount of protection offered by the case itself. I also love tbe fact that it has a raised kind of "hump" on the bottom similar to what you have on the top with the camera hump. When you are holding the phone horizontally playing games, texting, or surfing the web, that extra bottom hump on the back of the phone makes my hands feel so much more comfortable.

I think the only real drawback I found is that with big fingers, it's hard to pull down the notification bar or get to the edge of the screen. If I want to move widgets from screen to screen, I would have to take the case off to do so. It's a small price to pay for what I consider the best protection and best overall feel in my hands.

Download the free app "HELLOSTATUS BAR" widget and place on your home screen, you never have to pull down the status bar just touch that widget and it comes down!

mwshows

Reaction score
Download the free app "HELLOSTATUS BAR" widget and place on your home screen, you never have to pull down the status bar just touch that widget and it comes down!

I've used that before and liked it but since switching to using Launcher Plus Pro I just set up a swype action off my dock bar. Now I just swype up from my App icon on the dockbar and it pulls down my notification bar. Pretty sweet that LPP has those kind of options, so I can use my screen space for other useless crap LOL.

zero7404

Reaction score
decided to sell my d2g and get a dx. the dx i bought is coming with the defender case but i think it's gonna wind up on ebay in favor of a silicrylic. i've used incipio in the past with my old bb storm, i liked the case alot although the hard plastic shell was somewhat of a pain to get on after putting the silicon skin on the phone.

hope this isnt the same case with the dx silicrylic case. looking at some pics of the case, the corner where the ports are looks kind of fragile since there's a cutout for where a lanyard would go. very thin in that area ... hope it wouldn't crack if the phone fell.

what texture is the silicrylic hardshell ?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
decided to sell my d2g and get a dx. the dx i bought is coming with the defender case but i think it's gonna wind up on ebay in favor of a silicrylic. i've used incipio in the past with my old bb storm, i liked the case alot although the hard plastic shell was somewhat of a pain to get on after putting the silicon skin on the phone.

hope this isnt the same case with the dx silicrylic case. looking at some pics of the case, the corner where the ports are looks kind of fragile since there's a cutout for where a lanyard would go. very thin in that area ... hope it wouldn't crack if the phone fell.

what texture is the silicrylic hardshell ?

The Incipio case has a nice rubber feel to it. Not sticky, just right.

zero7404

Reaction score
i think im going to do the incipio case .... also getting the bh6x battery. i assume same deal as with the d2, the case will fit w/ext batt so long as i dont use the door .... right?

posted via android

zero7404

Reaction score
the dx i bought from ebay comes with a defender case. i've had problems with my commuter case for the d2, so i got otterbox to send me a new commuter for the dx.

but i also bought the incipio case, planning on using it.

so i will have 3 cases, probably going to get rid of the otterbox ones. one question i did have: for the commuter case - have the fitment issues been fixed ? i found reports that the covers for the ports/phones don't quite go on correctly ....

thinman72069

Reaction score
I was at vzn store recently and tried the commuter on. I like it because it has good protection and it's easy to take off (my main criteria for a case right now). But as for the port cover, they're getting mixed reviews from what I'm reading. Personally id cut it off. I don't see a need for it.
Id love to get the beefy otterbox but those are a hassle to remove from what I've read.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums