Best audio for Droid razr?

devdeuce

Reaction score
I have heard great things about beats audio on computers, I am wondering how I can get the best sound out of my razr? I've Ben using the stock player and tried all the different settings and they all suck. Please let me know my best option to rock out.

There is no spoon

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Power amp

Agreed. Poweramp by far has the most settings in order to get the best audio from the device itself. I personally prefer the UI of UberMusic, but Poweramp is definitely the best option for what you're looking for.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I use poweramp on my phones, its awesome. I even use it and my mustang4 amp for house party's. It rocks, best 5$ I ever spent for a music player app. And it will transfer from phone to phone, and the UI stays the same.

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

OP
devdeuce

devdeuce

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the input, looks like I'll give poweramp a try, plug it into external speakers and see if it rocks !m!

There is no spoon

jtpowell

Reaction score
Jawbone Jambox.
I second the Jawbone Jambox. I will say be very careful about using it/dropping it while charging. The micro usb plug is a weak spot in it's design and even on the Jawbone forums you hear tales of woe. If you leave it on a surface and it vibrates itself off while plugged in, that plug is gone. The Jawbone folks were kind enough to replace my unit free of charge and have told me they're addressing the plug issue. Oh make sure you buy it from an authorized retailer if you want your warranty to be honored. If you buy it off Amazon you'll be out of luck.

BiGG WiLL

Reaction score
PlayerPro > Power Amp

More options on EQ
Themes, Color schemes, you can skip songs using the volume rocker (display must be on, but makes it easier to skip song while driving or PERIOD). UI looks great and over all sounds great. I went from power amp to playerPro and haven't looked back.
I recently re-downloaded power amp to see if i was missing anything after some updates maybe..... Went back to playerPro within the same day.....

Kasey

Reaction score
Not even close. PowerAmp is a much better choice for music. I just tried PlayerPro and it's only got a 5 band equalizer. PowerAmp has 10 bands which gives you much better control over the sound. The PlayerPro is a little bit nicer interface, but at the end of the day it's about the music and the sound, not the interface. PlayerPro lasted 20 minutes on my phone.

What would make either of these applications better yet is to add parametric capabilities to the equalizer. When you increase the sound at a given frequency, it adjusts more than that single frequency. It pulls up a "bell curve" around it. The parametric eq. gives you the ability to shape the width of the curve of other frequencies that pull up (or down) with it. THAT would make PowerAmp unbeatable. It is already, but that would be awesome. My 2¢ worth.

K

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the input, looks like I'll give poweramp a try, plug it into external speakers and see if it rocks !m!

There is no spoon

The power amp pro app will do as good a job as the overrated beats... Trust your ears. Try power amp and if the settings aren't able to get the sound you need you'll need hearing aids. Lol good luck man... there are many other decent eq's and a many of them no better than the other. Power amp has always been the one I kept. Another is equilizer ( I believe) and has some effects the others do not offer if you like effects...

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

tomatofoot

Reaction score
Any of you guys know how to get better sound volume out of the phones speaker on the back on an un-rooted phone?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Any of you guys know how to get better sound volume out of the phones speaker on the back on an un-rooted phone?

You can dl some apps but beware... these speakers on these devices aren't made to be pumped full of bass and all.. I have replaced more speakers than screens in my time..the apps and or software which enhances the speakers in many cases are very very powerful as I'm sure many here can tell you, just try not to Max it out...lol

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->
Tapped via Red Xparent Pro>:-!