Stepping into the 21st century. RAZR

OP
pico1

pico1

Reaction score
Cool thanks... You know of a way to lock apps on your phone. I wanted to use yahoo mail but I can't seem to sign out of that app. Also want to lock the gallery app so people that play with my phone don't go into certain apps.. ?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is recommended to use wifi whenever possible. It uses less battery than 3 or 4g and is usually faster. It also will not count against your data usage if you're not on an unlimited plan.
Task killers are also frowned upon as they aren't needed and use up battery quicker also. Do a search on here about them and you will see.

Sent to today from yesterday using tomorrow's technology.

Wifi faster?
Unless the hotspot, etc. is very fast a LTE connection will blow away Wifi.
I get 12Mbs all the way up to 33Mbs on my phone. Even if Wifi is faster, the pipe to the internet is not.

Deron

Reaction score
Cool thanks... You know of a way to lock apps on your phone. I wanted to use yahoo mail but I can't seem to sign out of that app. Also want to lock the gallery app so people that play with my phone don't go into certain apps.. ?

Go to the Android Market and look up an app called App Protector Pro. I used it on my Droid X and now on the Razr. One of the best apps out there. Allows you to lock specific apps. Even has a widgit to toggle the locking on and off. Just be sure to read the directions carefully before setting up.

Graymayre

Reaction score
Wifi faster?
I get 12Mbs all the way up to 33Mbs on my phone. Even if Wifi is faster, the pipe to the internet is not.

Very true. It is a swap, do you want speed or battery. If you have LTE and have your charger (and unlimited data) then network all the way.

breedingh8

Reaction score
Wifi faster?

OK they said usually fast an I would agree you lost me with the pipe to the internet part lol... Depends on the pipe and the wifi your using my home ISP blows LTE out of the water so does my work.. What the poster was I belive trying to say set up smart actions to shut off your cellular data when connecting to particular wifi to save battery and I would have to agree with my around 6 rules and a car dock I easily do 14 hours a day, and point was the battery saving tips were very accurate iMO whereas saying lte is faster then wifi??? I say who's network are you wireleesly connected to! I am at a place with no Internet tethering my tablet, and a which now is faster! I ;), damn I'm high but that was a very disturbing statement sorry for the rant

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

OP
pico1

pico1

Reaction score
Just got the hd dock and i'm impressed. What's a good Bluetooth keyboard and mouse to use with this?