Can I use a USB audio adapter with a Moto Lapdock?

NickNacNo

Reaction score
I have a modified Atrix lapdock that I use to plug my Razr into. I've never had any issues with the lapdock and since ICS was released, the webtop overhaul made it even better.

The problem I do have is when the Razr is connected to the Micro-USB and HDMI slot on the lapdock, the phone rests upside-down, covering the headphone plug on the phone. I knew this was the case even before I got the lapdock but recently I've been travelling more for work and need a work around to use my headphones.

My question is if I purchased a USB audio adapter (with a headphone and microphone plug) and connected it to one of the two USB ports on the lapdock, would I be able to get sound through my headphones? I haven't been able to find any information regarding this so I figured I'd throw it out there.

I did find out that when a USB audio adapter is connected to a PC the user must select the correct sound device to use it. This may be a potential problem as I don't know of a way to select different audio using Android OS.

Please let me know if there's information out there on this and of any other suggestions too.

Thanks in advance!