Best application for more screens

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
i dont know where you guys are seeing 7 screens. I just downloaded/installed helix, and yea, i went into the configure settings and put it at 7, but its not a FULL 7 screens. once it moves to the 3rd full screen, it only moves about a 1/4-1/2 inch at a time till it gets to the 7th time its moved. Am i missing something here or is that the way it works? I dont see that much of a reason for this app.

The wallpaper isn't going to move a full screen size. But when you put apps and widgets on each of the different screens each one will be different as you change screens. Just drop a few apps on each of the seven screens and you will see.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
GDE for me. i'm using 4 screens right now. i had 5 up and it was fine, but i cleaned things up and now only use 4. the obsidian theme with the cube effect is sweet as hell.

GDE fan here as well. Seven screens and cube transition combined with the 360 degree rotation in either direction is ideal, imo.

ToddClark

Reaction score
interesting. i see what you mean now. Its not 7 screens until you actually put something on the screen. cool!

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
interesting. i see what you mean now. Its not 7 screens until you actually put something on the screen. cool!

Yup. If you leave them all empty it gives the illusion that it isn't moving a full screen width. I can see why you didn't like it at first.

GerryG35

Reaction score
After the 2.1 update, I tried Helix and, for me, it's perfect. I wanted more screens and the icons on each screen and that's what Helix does - no less and no more. I went for all 7 screens because with the double tap you can quickly get to any screen. Also, I keep one screen empty so I can 'test' run any new widget without getting the dreaded 'no room' message.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Gunna go ahead and agree with most here... Helix 1

will.anaya

Reaction score
tried the helix last night. workable.

question though.

if i re-install helix, should i delete all my widgets and stuff from my original home screen to increase speed? does it matter?

as soon as i deleted the helix program, my regular home screen was still intact. do i need to wipe it clean?

Slipstream

Reaction score
Helix 1.2 runs pretty well on my 2.1, but I hate the white notification bar (not rooted). I tried 1.3Beta, but it crashes a half-dozen times a day, which I finally got sick of.

Home++ seems to be the one I always go back to. It doesn't have Live wallpaper support yet on the newest version, but it's fast as hell with static WP and very stable.

RLJSlick

Reaction score
Helix launcher, it allow up to 7 screens (I use 5) and it works well with Beautiful Widgets.

pdohr33

Reaction score
So I downloaded Helix 1 it gives me the 3 screens, but how do i configure the setting so it gives me 7?
Answered my own question. Thanks

Last edited:

sstrool

Reaction score
After the 2.1 update, I tried Helix and, for me, it's perfect. I wanted more screens and the icons on each screen and that's what Helix does - no less and no more. I went for all 7 screens because with the double tap you can quickly get to any screen. Also, I keep one screen empty so I can 'test' run any new widget without getting the dreaded 'no room' message.

Where do you double tap to move from one screen? Do you mean you dont have to swipe to move from screen to screen?

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score

Where do you double tap to move from one screen? Do you mean you dont have to swipe to move from screen to screen?

The big glass thing on the front of your phone. Double-tap it somewhere there.

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Helix 1.2 runs pretty well on my 2.1, but I hate the white notification bar (not rooted). I tried 1.3Beta, but it crashes a half-dozen times a day, which I finally got sick of.

Home++ seems to be the one I always go back to. It doesn't have Live wallpaper support yet on the newest version, but it's fast as hell with static WP and very stable.
i vote for home++ also. will give these others ones a try but i like the 7 screen option even though im not using them all... yet.

givmedew

Reaction score
[/quote]
I personally like the helix launcher. If you decide you want to try it out, don't DL Helix Launcher2, that is for the nexus and causes a constant loop force close on the droid. And let's be honest constant loop closes are about as sweet as a being pushed off a bridge.[/QUOTE]

I agree that Helix Launcher 1 is the best... even better than 2, It gives you 4 static buttons across the bottom so you could put phone, messaging, browser, and maps so that they aren't taking up space on your main screen.
Also with helix launcher you can double tap on an empty space and it gives you a preview of all your screens you can then tap on the screen and it will take you directly there.

As far as the constant loop for helix2 yeh that sucked!!! Of course it wouldn't have happened if I hadn't selected to use it as default immediately hahahah!!!

My recommendation to you though is honestly!!! Run the update.zip that roots your phone then pay for ROM MANAGER and download and install blackdroid or cyanogenmod!