Best way to get more homescreens

Ihaveroflcopter

Reaction score
Hey, I'll try to make this question as simple as possible. I have been reading online about different applications that can give my motorola droid 5 or 7 homescreens, as 3 seems to be a bit restricting. Its not a big deal, but I would like to add 2 or 4 if possible.

I have downloaded a couple of free versions and they have seemed to really clutter up the phone and would probably drain the battery faster. I am happy to pay a little bit for a working system, but I just wanted to know if there was something that would:

1) Not take up a whole lot of battery.
2) Not mess up the wallpaper dimensions (so I can use my old ones).
3) Not alter the look of the actual phone, just add the screens.
4) Use all of my current widgets
<and>
5) Not slow down the phone

I really appreciate any possible help, and if there isn't a program that does those things don't be afraid to tell me to keep dreaming!

D

droidavie

Hey, I'll try to make this question as simple as possible. I have been reading online about different applications that can give my motorola droid 5 or 7 homescreens, as 3 seems to be a bit restricting. Its not a big deal, but I would like to add 2 or 4 if possible.

I have downloaded a couple of free versions and they have seemed to really clutter up the phone and would probably drain the battery faster. I am happy to pay a little bit for a working system, but I just wanted to know if there was something that would:

1) Not take up a whole lot of battery.
2) Not mess up the wallpaper dimensions (so I can use my old ones).
3) Not alter the look of the actual phone, just add the screens.
4) Use all of my current widgets
<and>
5) Not slow down the phone

I really appreciate any possible help, and if there isn't a program that does those things don't be afraid to tell me to keep dreaming!

try GDE, great app

rmart88

Reaction score
Launcher+ Betta

I just dl'd Launcher+ Beta and most of my widgets that i have do not work with it... Here is a list of widget that i use that will not work:

Battery Left
Brightness Level
More Icons Free 1x1
Weather Forcast Widget
Blue RSS
Texts From Last night
EasyMoney

That only leaves me with three more that i use that do work :( 3 out of 10 isnt very good, i would be ok giving up one or two for more screens, but these widgets are the reason i wanted more screens to begin with... This renders the Launcher+ Beta app useless.

OP
I

Ihaveroflcopter

Reaction score
I just tried Launcher+ and its working great. One comment I read while booting up was that some widgets are not made to run on two screens at once (Droid one and the Launcher+ one), so that might have caused some of your problems rmart.

One more question: How much battery life will this take up being my default screen/what performances issues could result?

Thanks again!

rjm5151

Reaction score
Most home apps slowed my phone down so much i realized i could deal with 3 just fine.

irishdroid

Reaction score
I use home++ and I really like it. I am not overclocked and have no lag issues. My wall paper is the same as I had. I have four homescreens and I have a great clock /weather widget. Good app.

rmart88

Reaction score
I just tried Launcher+ and its working great. One comment I read while booting up was that some widgets are not made to run on two screens at once (Droid one and the Launcher+ one), so that might have caused some of your problems rmart.

One more question: How much battery life will this take up being my default screen/what performances issues could result?

Thanks again!

Yeah i read that shortly after i uninstalled Launcher+. Thanks though :) aaaand was going to redownload it, but then i read that 2.1 OTA will be here starting this (or next week).... so imma just wait for that. If i dont hear of anyone getting the OTA update by the end of next week, i will try Launcher+ again.

tommyz

Reaction score
I'm using Home++, but will probably uninstall it once the 2.1 update comes out.

littlerick

Reaction score
if you use pandahome you can have up to 11 screens (i have no idea why you would want that many but you can set it to how many you want) and its free

Sodner

Reaction score
Got rid of Launcher+ Beta in prep of 2.1 but did not have problems with any widgets at all. Well lets hope 2.1 has the 5 screens and "problem solved."