BEST accessory YET ! REBATE !

Stigy

Reaction score
Also most Verizon stores won't do online price matching as well.

Honestly its not even worth the money to me to go out and try to hassle with a store employee over it, but thats just me.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Many stores have been making distinctions about price matching. Some in-person stores will not match deals that you get online ... example: Dell Mobile.

But good luck, I am sure exceptions will be made.

Foolish

Reaction score
Ya verizon wouldn't match the rebate from dell or overstock but they did match the price of bestbuy for me I got the droid for 150 after a mail in rebate

angelman

Reaction score
I called verizon about this today. They messed up my first bill after purchasing the droid so I thought they might feel cooperative. I mentioned the prices from sears, bestbuy, and dell.
They said there was no way they would price match. They went into a little more detail though. I didn't quite understand exactly the difference but by buying from a 3rd party you are signing two contracts, one for verizon and one from some other company (dell uses simplexity for example). Verizon pointed out that there are many gotchas in these contracts and they are made very confusing. They may involve additional fees and although they may reduce the price of the phone they will do everything they can to screw you over the life of the phone. Doing a brief search for simplexity one can see numerous complaints about them, how they are just an old bankrupt company resurrected etc. I said I might just return the whole phone and sign up with dell anyway. They said good luck but check the contract very very carefully. They had received many many complaints from people buying from dell, wirefly (also uses simplexity) aboutu shady practices.
I am sure much of it is scare tactics and I couldn't see anything obvious on the dell website re: hidden fees but I would rather not have the hassle of dealing with some shady third party if my bills do get screwed up. Verizon were at least very helpful and friendly on the phone and fixed all the problems I had with my bill immediately.
Would be interested to hear of people had got the dell offer and had or not had any problems with simplexity.
Ya verizon wouldn't match the rebate from dell or overstock but they did match the price of bestbuy for me I got the droid for 150 after a mail in rebate

bikerboy

Reaction score

bass_lover1

Reaction score
I went into my local Verizon store prior to buying the Droid, just to check it out, and I asked the guy if he would match VZW online pricing (199.99 no rebate) and he said no, that the online deals he couldn't match.

This could be different because it is a different retailer, but I would say your chances are slim, though there are exceptions to every rule.

thesweetstevie

Reaction score
just called

hello,

i just called #611 (verizon customer service) and they said they give refunds only if the product is offered cheaper through verizon, not another party and it has to be within a certain amount of time.

it was worth a try.

have a blessed life,

thesweetstevie:icon_ banana: