Verizon Early Droid Upgrade Question

Cobraboy1997

Reaction score
I can do an early upgrade on 01-31-2010. I am going to finally get a Droid!

My question:
Do you think I can order on the Dell site for $119 or will I have to buy it through the Verizon site @ $199?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.:)

hart.jordan

Reaction score
I would imagine you might have to order it from VZW. I'm not certain though.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

My question:
Do you think I can order on the Dell site for $119 or will I have to buy it through the Verizon site @ $199?

I personally would never use a third party vendor when it comes to a smart phone. If something is wrong with the phone you have to go through the vendor and who knows what kind of hassle that is. With Verizon you deal directly with them.

I would think if you're eligible for an early upgrade then you would have to pay the Verizon price. What exactly is Dell offering you? Can anybody buy the phone for 119.00? If that's the case then you would just purchase the phone and have it activated with your number.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
my every 2 was on Jan 24th I was able to get the phone from verizon for $199 with a 100 mail in rebate I did that on monday 11th. I went into the store and was told no you have to wait until the 24th, to which I replied well I'll just have to call customer service and make it happen I've been a long time customer since airtouch merged with verizon.

I was able to purchase the phone that day for the every 2 price : )

-=jason=-

nyijedi

Reaction score
My wife had an early upgrade and they couldn't do it at Best Buy - we had to go to a VZW store. Just my own experience - it can't hurt checking w/ dell if that's what you want to do.

Mojoman

Reaction score

My question:

I had an offer for the early upgrade also. You have to order from the VZW marketing dept on the phone. They also charge you a $30 fee for the early upgrade. I ended up using my wife's upgrade that was already available instead and didn't have to pay the $30 fee. Also talked them out of the $100 rebate saying I would buy it at Best Buy instead. Be careful, and make sure you ask them about any fees.

nyijedi

Reaction score

My question:

I had an offer for the early upgrade also. You have to order from the VZW marketing dept on the phone. They also charge you a $30 fee for the early upgrade. I ended up using my wife's upgrade that was already available instead and didn't have to pay the $30 fee. Also talked them out of the $100 rebate saying I would buy it at Best Buy instead. Be careful, and make sure you ask them about any fees.

I think you can also go to a VZW corporate store to do an early upgrade (as opposed to any regular old VZW store). Call customer service to get the closest location(s) to where you are.

hipkik

Reaction score
if I am not mistaken 3rd parties and retailers (even authorized) can NOT see early upgrades unless the theactual date is changed (hard to get accomplished)

Abby Normal

Reaction score
After spending two months checking everywhere that is exactly what I did....

I got the early upgrade for $299 minus MIR $100.

I had only been under contract for one year to the day. I now have a new two year contract and my droid.......

Could only do it one of two ways, by calling *611 or going to a corporate store and telling them about the *611 offer. No one else would touch me until I had at least 18 months completed under contract. I didn't want to wait another 6 months .

IronFox

Reaction score
I got mine 2 weeks early. Just walked in, said I was going to update from the omnia to the droid then. While I was looking at other phones, she got on the phone with corporate and moved my contract end date to that day and moved my ne2 from nov 2010 as well.

papy72

Reaction score
You guys are SO lucky. I've tried *611, the store, etc. And I'm STILL stuck waiting until Feb 14th for my upgrade.

Pisses me off to no end.

OP
Cobraboy1997

Cobraboy1997

Reaction score
Guys,
I appreciate all the feedback! I will go to my local corporate store. It is well run and I am sure they can help me get my Droid!

Thanks,