Best 2.3.3 based GB Rom out for D2 ?

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
I know the net is full of useless opinionated threads on roms for our phones, but I am just curious, as the individual rom sections here aren't always up to date, I am currently using ZS 1.71 and I'd like to set some time aside this coming week to tinker with the other custom roms built upon the DX's OTA of GB for my D2. Anyone try more than one and have an opinion or suggestion, would greatly appreciate it... just curious what roms everyone else is using and how they like it...

dancedroid

havens1515

Reaction score
I'm using ZS right now as well, and I have been for a while now. I love it, but I've been wanting something new for a few weeks now too.

I tried Liberty GB, and it seemed buggy. I think when I tried, it was .4 or .5. But .8 is out now, so they may have some of those bugs worked out now. I LOVED Liberty 2.0.1 before the GB got leaked, so I'm hoping Liberty GB gets more stable quick.

From what I last saw, CM7 for the D2 was still buggy as well. Camera, GPS and in-call mic were not working. That was Friday, so someone may have made some progress on that over the weekend, I'm not sure.
This is another one that I can't wait to try, but those 3 bugs are big issues to me so they need to be fixed first. The D2 is my first Android phone, so I've never had the chance to use CM before, and I'm very excited to check out CM7.
EDIT: Oh yeah, and the alt functions (the blue keys) on the physical keyboard weren't working, but someone had a .zip file that could be flashed though recovery to fix that.

Haven't tried APEX, but when I used the Froyo version it messed up my phone pretty bad, so I ended up going back to liberty. (Again, before there were any GB ROMs.) I flashed it twice, and both times it was buggy to the point of not being able to use my phone, so that kinda soiled my opinion of APEX.

That's my take on them all, hope it helps!

Last edited:

Oowoon

Reaction score
There's liberty GB, which I haven't tried yet, I heard zombiestomped is good. Personally, I'm running Apex, it's stable in my opinion, and has very few problems.

Sent from Droid 2 Gingerbread running ApeX 2.0

youngti

Reaction score
I would like to know as well. I have tried both Liberty, Apex and Zombie and have found my Droid 2 tends to lag. I mean when opening the app drawer or when going from screen to screen there is a lot of lagginess. Also the phone would sometimes need to be restarted often to get it to load properly. I have wiped everything I can and tried re-installing but same issues. Currently I am back at stock running the SPB shell and it has been working flawlessly. So if anybody had suggestions I would love to hear them.

ksalce

Reaction score
I used ZS for a while and never had a problem with it. It was always very smooth and good battery life for me. Im now on liberty 0.8 and I must say its as stable as ZS was for me and I like it better now. Liberty has definitely gone a long way since its first released nightlie for GB. I also like it because it has the best theme ever created "gingercomb juiced". :)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
DroidBurgundy

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
Liberty has definitely gone a long way since its first released nightlie for GB. I also like it because it has the best theme ever created "gingercomb juiced". :)

Thanks man, I love that gingercomb juiced theme, its the reason i jumped onboard ZS. ZS was great and all, but over time each time i flash it my phone starts to get worse and worse until it gets to the ppoint where it is randomly freezing, shutting off and it will turn itself on again too. LIberty was the bomb for froyo. Looks like I will try Liberty GB 0.8 then. Man thet gingercomb juice is lovely!

ksalce

Reaction score
Yeah the dialer in the newly improved gingercomb juiced theme is the sexiest dialer I've ever seen. I sometimes just dial numbers on it for no reason cuz its just that badass haha.

jmpx55x

Reaction score
I'm running cm7 great rom, I love it. They fixed the mic and camara with last update. Nice and customizable, id suggest trying this rom out, p.s. your gonna wanna recalibrate your battery if you do decide to switch to this rom

ksalce

Reaction score
I'm running cm7 great rom, I love it. They fixed the mic and camara with last update. Nice and customizable, id suggest trying this rom out, p.s. your gonna wanna recalibrate your battery if you do decide to switch to this rom

I thought about trying it out. Can you install like any other rom by just doing a wipe and reset then flashing it or do I have to sbf first then flash? The thread didn't really have any installation instructions. Thanks :)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
ZombieStomped was nice but a touch laggy
Apex is by far the fastest and cleanest, but very minimal.
Liberty is fast and highly customizable.(themes, toolbox) Very user friendly with the toolbox. I always go back to it. Minimal bugs imo.
As for Cm7, you'll need to sbf first definitely.

These are just my opinions and experience with my d2.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

ahC_hED

Reaction score
Apex is my fav. Apps are compiled from source just like GummyJar and it shows in speed. I've never touched liberty gb tho, but I recommend apex.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Liberty is great too, similar compiling of apps with a touch of blur. Apex is nice though. A close second for me

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

jmpx55x

Reaction score

I thought about trying it out. Can you install like any other rom by just doing a wipe and reset then flashing it or do I have to sbf first then flash? The thread didn't really have any installation instructions. Thanks :)

i have no idea i havent switched from it yet. it seems like you could but i havent tried yet lol.

ksalce

Reaction score
ZombieStomped was nice but a touch laggy
Apex is by far the fastest and cleanest, but very minimal.
Liberty is fast and highly customizable.(themes, toolbox) Very user friendly with the toolbox. I always go back to it. Minimal bugs imo.
As for Cm7, you'll need to sbf first definitely.

These are just my opinions and experience with my d2.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

Alright so I have to sbf back to froyo then flash it? Is cm7 not based off gingerbread or something?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is gb, but you need to flash it from the froyo kernal

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8