Best 2.3.3 based GB Rom out for D2 ?

whezzel

Reaction score
Been running cm7 for the past couple days everything works perfect. Haven't had any problems and runs just like it does on my og Droid if not better. Give it a try

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

MindArchr

Reaction score
I went with Apex for the speed, minimal bugs, and the no-slider unlock feature. I used ZS, Liberty, and even a few DX to D2 ported roms, but I haven't looked back since Apex.

OP
DroidBurgundy

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
have tried numerous times since yesterday to flash Liberty GB, Rom loads fine, but upon launching customizer and choosing to use blur as my launcher the phone only boots up till the default liberty lockscreen, when I unlock, a blank screen. I have tried several times. I guess I will try using launch2 or adw, shame though I was really hoping to be able to use blur launcher with gingercomb juiced theme, I have seen at least one pic on this forum of someone doing it, so I don't get what I am doing wrong.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's a known bug. Don't use the blur launcher in the customizer. You can go to the dx section and dl the blur home zip (its on mr. Brady's VZW theme) works on the d2. Also StormShadow_Ultimate by mobile sensei has blur home as well. You'll just need to freeze your current launcher. Check it out

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

OP
DroidBurgundy

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
thnak you for your response, youve saved me another 4 hours of banging my head against a wall!

havens1515

Reaction score
I'm running cm7 great rom, I love it. They fixed the mic and camara with last update. Nice and customizable, id suggest trying this rom out, p.s. your gonna wanna recalibrate your battery if you do decide to switch to this rom

I thought about trying it out. Can you install like any other rom by just doing a wipe and reset then flashing it or do I have to sbf first then flash? The thread didn't really have any installation instructions. Thanks :)

In order to flash CM7 you need to sbf back to Froyo, because the kernel for the D2 version of CM7 is based on Froyo even though the OS is GB. But to go from CM7 to another GB ROM you would probably need to go back to a GB leak before going to a custom GB ROM. I'm not sure if an sbf would be required to go from CM7 to a GB leak, I wouldn't think so though.

OP
DroidBurgundy

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
So thanks to the help I got in this thread I was able to flash Liberty GB 0.8, with ginger blur and the sexy gingercomb juiced theme that I love so dearly. I am simply in love again. The batt life from Zombie Stomped will be missed but the reboots and power ons were more drama then it was worth. Will use Liberty for a while and see if how it performs, but one thing is for sure it LOOKS AMAZING

havens1515

Reaction score
So thanks to the help I got in this thread I was able to flash Liberty GB 0.8, with ginger blur and the sexy gingercomb juiced theme that I love so dearly. I am simply in love again. The batt life from Zombie Stomped will be missed but the reboots and power ons were more drama then it was worth. Will use Liberty for a while and see if how it performs, but one thing is for sure it LOOKS AMAZING

What launcher are you using? I do have to say, it does look sexy. I might check out Liberty GB soon, but it depends on how far the devs get with the CM7 port.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looks like the blur launcher with gingercomb juiced theme

Droid 2 APEX -The fastest ROM out there.

havens1515

Reaction score
O, I guess he did say "with ginger blur and the sexy gingercomb juiced theme". Guess I didn't realize that ginger blur was the launcher.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Moto blur (gb) Is the launcher. Gingercomb Juiced is the theme

OP
DroidBurgundy

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
Yes I am using the gingercomb juiced theme and blur 2.3.3 home launcher

I hated blur on froyo, had always favored a vanilla look, or used LPP, but the combo of this launcher and this theme is amazing, I'v grown quite fond of the ability to make app groups too, and I use wave launcher to access them.

The only problem I am having atm with Liberty GB 0.8 is with the on screen keyboard, but I will post in the bugs thread to see if there is a workaround.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Yes I am using the gingercomb juiced theme and blur 2.3.3 home launcher

I hated blur on froyo, had always favored a vanilla look, or used LPP, but the combo of this launcher and this theme is amazing, I'v grown quite fond of the ability to make app groups too, and I use wave launcher to access them.

The only problem I am having atm with Liberty GB 0.8 is with the on screen keyboard, but I will post in the bugs thread to see if there is a workaround.

Where is that theme located and there are some special instructions on adding the blur home too.. right?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
In the liberty rom section (d2/dx). It has its own thread

lazarus2297

Reaction score
In the liberty rom section (d2/dx). It has its own thread

Ok so I found the theme but there was a special way of installing blur home from Mr brady vow theme or something? I can't seem to find that
TIA for the help