Best 2.3.3 based GB Rom out for D2 ?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's in that same thread I think. Mr brady's VZW theme. There should be a seperate blur home zip.

Droid 2 APEX -The fastest ROM out there.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
http://www.***********/file/hUh7Dzro/BlurHome_596_CW.html

Droid 2 APEX -The fastest ROM out there.

OP
DroidBurgundy

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
so ive been on Apex RC 2 for only 16 hrs or so but OMG is it lightning fast in comparison to Zombie Stomped or Liberty, srsly this baby kicks :p I am missing ginger blur home and dialer but oh well its def a solid trade off, now to find some other way to stay organized without the app groups I became so dependent on in ginger blur home :(

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
Liberty 0.8 is working really good for me. No bugs that I can notice. It gets better with every update. 1.5 for froyo is still my favorite thus far, but I think Liberty GB will be just as great once it reaches official status.

OP
DroidBurgundy

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
anyone out there who can comment on Apex vs CM7 specifically? I am really liking how fast Apex makes my D2

OP
DroidBurgundy

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
this should prob be locked/deleted... as the rom choices are now diff :p

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
ZombieStomped was nice but a touch laggy
Apex is by far the fastest and cleanest, but very minimal.
Liberty is fast and highly customizable.(themes, toolbox) Very user friendly with the toolbox. I always go back to it. Minimal bugs imo.
As for Cm7, you'll need to sbf first definitely.

These are just my opinions and experience with my d2.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

This poll is based off of the GB ROMs. Liberty GB hardly has any themes at all. Most people were going to the DX forums, since they were getting more love than us D2 users, and pulling DX-based themes and some worked (but not 100% due to framework issues), and some didn't. So, I would retract the "highly customizable themes" statement, lol.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have tried Apex and CM7. I actually went back to Apex from CM7... for an hour.

I loved Apex, but IMO, no GB based ROM can beat CM7 for speed, customization and overall awesomeness.

MIUI

americanz

Reaction score
ZombieStomped was nice but a touch laggy
Apex is by far the fastest and cleanest, but very minimal.
Liberty is fast and highly customizable.(themes, toolbox) Very user friendly with the toolbox. I always go back to it. Minimal bugs imo.
As for Cm7, you'll need to sbf first definitely.

These are just my opinions and experience with my d2.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

i can agree with with this. i have tried all but cm7. wich as he said sbf 1st.. it boots off the froyo kernel so you need to be on froyo not gb. thus the reason i havent tried it lol i dont want to sbf yet. im on apex now i love it.

Last edited:

juv3

Reaction score
The only Rom i have tried is Liquid Gingerbread 2.5 and the reason i haven't tried other roms is because i used to have a Droid 1 and it's by far the best Rom after trying Cyanogenmod, Bugless Beast, Black Droid (Ultimate Droid) and R'z Rom... i have no issues with it so far and Battery Life is i would say 33% more than the stock rom and that's after i removed a lot of the stock rom's system apps that are just battery system apps