MIUI4DX/D2 to get GB Kernel!

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
MIUI4DX/D2 is going to get support for the GB kernel! :)

framework43 on twitter said:
As many of you know, I am currently working on getting 2nd INit on the Gingerbread kernel. It is working, but have to fix up some messy libs. The MIUI release will most likely be extremely delayed until tomorrow

I'd guess that CM and other CM-based ROMs will follow as well...

ksalce

Reaction score
MIUI4DX/D2 is going to get support for the GB kernel! :)

I'd guess that CM and other CM-based ROMs will follow as well...

Hell yes :). Does that mean that battery life/performance will be significantly improved for these roms? I'm so pumped right now its insane.

on the miui shiz

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Very cool. Cant wait to see what that does for us!

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Should help w/sleep-battery life issues, that's the main improvement I'm looking for.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I had previously estimated it would take about a month, maybe a month and a half, before MIUI got the GB kernels going. I'm off by 5 days, lol.

fishhelmet

Reaction score
Dammit I just switched back to cm7 and got everything restored. Any idea whether well still be installing from froyo or will we need to load the monster gb leak?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

ksalce

Reaction score
Dammit I just switched back to cm7 and got everything restored. Any idea whether well still be installing from froyo or will we need to load the monster gb leak?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

You're most likely going to have to flash the monster gb leak first then install the rom. Trust me it'll be worth it though because the gb kernel provides better performance and battery life :).

on the miui shiz

ksalce

Reaction score
Miui to me is the best rom available if you're looking for a completely new experience of android on your droid 2. Its almost like a new os compared to the other roms that are available. And now with the gb kernel hopefully, the performance on miui will be a lot better and make it that much more awesome.

on the miui shiz

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Performance on MIUI has been very good for me, as good as CM7 (which makes sense since CM7 is at its core). But I would hope/expect it to improve further w/the GB kernel. Battery life has not been so great, but it does seem to provide better battery life for me than CM7 did.

There will be more interesting ROM choices when more D2 ROMs integrate the init-2 GB Kernel capability that is being pioneered now. Kinda makes me not as excited about upgrading to Bionic or Galaxy SII... :)

ksalce

Reaction score
Performance on MIUI has been very good for me, as good as CM7 (which makes sense since CM7 is at its core). But I would hope/expect it to improve further w/the GB kernel. Battery life has not been so great, but it does seem to provide better battery life for me than CM7 did.

There will be more interesting ROM choices when more D2 ROMs integrate the init-2 GB Kernel capability that is being pioneered now. Kinda makes me not as excited about upgrading to Bionic or Galaxy SII... :)

From what I've read and I don't know if its true or not, the bionic might come with an unlocked bootloader and if that is the case you know for sure that its gonna have a lot of support

on the miui shiz