Attn: Dev's - Porting your ROM to the D2 made easy

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
OK guys I am posting the files I needed to port my 2.3.340 based ROM, GummyJAR, to the D2..

This should work for any 320/340 DX ROM really.

Now with my ROM I also had to include the AOSP keyboard as the Gingerbread one doesn't work right on the D2.. Also make sure to to redue your build.prop edits as this update comes with a build.prop

Here is an update.zip with all the needed files :)

Please if you like my work donate as I would like to buy other phones to build other ROMS :)

pkbest

Reaction score
Thank you! Shouldn't be long now... many more DX themes will fill the forum. :) Great work! Got your PM btw... I'll let you know what I figure out as far as theming.

Azurikai

Reaction score
so all you do is flash your DX rom of choice, then update.zip this over it?

Azurikai

Reaction score
i figured that but since its in update.zip form i was wondering why it was titled that?

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If you have a DX based rom that is based on 2.3.320 or 2.3.340 and it boots to the D2 and has issues with the keyboard, camera, and music playback...

yes you can simply boot into recovery and install this update and it should fix it.

wmnomore

Reaction score
Is it possible to insert these files before flashing? would that be easier?

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Sure you can

wmnomore

Reaction score
Guess I'll have to look into how to do that.
In looking at a dx rom and your porting files, there are some differences and i cannot just replace files. In meta folder, there is an update-script and in dx rom there is an updater-script. same thing?

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Just take the files from my update and past them over the top of the files in the rom you are trying to port within that rims zip usinf 7zip or winrar.. no need to unzip the rom nor resign it

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk