Beep/Tone during calls

roguegal

Reaction score
My sound is very steady-about every 3 seconds. It can go for 30 minutes! It can start after 7 minutes on a call, stop after a few, then go again.

I'm on my 3rd razr--got it last night and the salesman said that he had a couple other customers come in and complain about the beeping.

People need to log a complaint with Verizon or who ever their carrier is. Verizon said they couldn't find any complaint about beeps, and yet I am finding people on this forum.

The beep is very quiet, almost like if they were recording your conversation--that beep. But it is annoying. Only I hear it, or anyone else who holds my phone, but not the person on the other line.

I just called my girlfriend who I called on Thursday night and could not get rid of the beep--whether we talked on her land line or her verizon cell phone.

No beeps yet today though!!;)

Oh yeah, I have not hooked up my bluetooth because one verizon technician thought that could be the problem, though I would have it turned off. I have not paired it as I want to rule that out as any possibility.

OP
rob1459

rob1459

Reaction score
I have not heard it more than once today, I can't believe no log exists. Seems odd, everyone on this has had the issue. Glad I'm not crazy

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
rob1459

rob1459

Reaction score
I opened a problem log last night on this tone/beep. Couldn't get to CS had to email it.

MrTommy

Reaction score
Just stumbled on this thread. I still have a Droid I, and I notice a beep sometimes when talking on the phone. It happens right when someone else is saying something. I thought maybe it had to do with their voice causing a beep because of their tone - or something. I used to ask if they'd accidentally hit a phone key on their end. Of course the answer was NO. Finally, I just quit asking, cuz everyone can't be "accidentally hitting a key". Now I just chalk it up to technology gone awry and leave it at that.

But... It's still annoying just the same.

gentlespiritwolf

Reaction score
Very annoying and frustrating beeping...

Bought my Verizon Razr on 1-30-2012.Didn't get to use it much that weekend till Monday when taking my son back toschool which is 150 mile one way trip. Was about 15 miles from home when Iplaced the call and was on the phone for pretty much the rest of the 150 miles,all but about the last 5. Dropped son off and made a call home to let them knowI was on my way back. The phone started beeping after about a minute and beepedevery 4 seconds for about a mile when I turned back onto the major 4 lane hwywhen it quit. Didn't beep again till I made a turn about 2 miles from my home.Beeped all the way home and has beeped about 95% of the time on 90% of EVERY callmade from home, whether I make the call or someone calls me, though it doesn'talways start right away, it usually starts within the first minute or two. On1-4 spent a couple hours on the phone with tier one and tier two tech supportwith Verizon for hours. Did a factory reset with tier two who called me backwhen it was done and asked me to make a call. Absolutely no settings had beentouched and nothing had been added or turned on. I made a call, still beeping,and held the Razr up to my house phone that I was using to talk with support sothat she could hear it too. I even recorded the beeping so that I'd be able toprove to the folks at the Verizon store which is 25 miles away so that theydidn't think I was crazy. After resetting it back to factory defaults and stillhearing the beep every 4 seconds, tier two told me to take it back to the storeso their technician could check it out. 1-5, Another 50 mile round trip. Techlooked at it, called their tech support, checked their blog which nevermentioned anything about beeping (to which I replied that they needed to "Google"it like I had), two or three other people there played with it, the tech didcall Motorola and set up a trouble ticket for me with them and told me if itstarted again to call them and then sent me on my way. Less than a mile fromthe house, the beeping started up again and has continued since. Spent over anhour on the phone with Motorola tier two tech support who also said, they'dheard nothing about beeping till now. I let them take control of the phone andthey found nothing wrong either and said I take it back to the store for areplacement, which I did on 1-7. Spent about 3 hours there while the store repwas on the phone with the folks that apparently have to authorize and exchangeon these phone and they told her to call tech support and open a ticket forthem to check out the network in my area. A couple things I forgot to mentionis that my ATT iPhone worked perfectly here and that I've had my Verizon phoneshere for 9 years though this is my first smart phone with them. Tech supportgave the rep a really hard time and acted like he didn't believe me about thebeeping so she told him that I had a recording of it and did he want to hear itand he said yes, so he did. Finally he gave her permission to exchange it,which we did. I drove all the way home on the phone and was really excited asthere was no beeping. Had to hang up for a little while, called back 30 minuteslater and lo and behold, beeping again. This new phone the beeping isn't quiteas consistent as the first, maybe 75-80% of the time on 85% of the calls. I hadbeen measuring how far I could get away from the house before the beepingstopped and it was always at a mile or less, that is until yesterday, 1-7 whenit beeped consistently till I got to town 4.2 miles away which it had neverdone before. Didn't beep at all on the way home, until my friend called me backlater. It beeped constantly for 30 minutes on one call and yet didn't beep atall on another 20 minute call. The only difference besides it being a differentphone was that it was raining. Today, 1-8, went a little farther into town, 6.4miles and it beeped the whole trip and periodically on every call I made fromtown. Didn't beep on the way home though and not again, till the third callafter I got home. I know this was long but since neither Verizon nor Motorolaseem to acknowledge that there is a problem, I am trying to hardto keep track of everything that I can. I have to pick my son up from schoolagain on Tuesday, so I will have the chance to see if it beeps again down thereas that is the only other place that it's done it so far besides right here athome and of course it is my primary means of communication so they really needto see that there is a problem and fix it! Sorry this was so long folks but my nerves are shot and my wallet is getting empty from buying diesel going to and from the store lol

gentlespiritwolf

Reaction score
Another fact I forgot to mention is that I am in their 3G area at home and have a basic Straight Talk phone that uses their towers and has no problems. ATT's iPhone 3GS works great here too. I would be interested to know;

1. Where those of us that had or have this problem are located? I'm in northern Alabama

2. Who their provider is? Mine is Verizon

3. Is theirs localized? Mine is at or near my house, though it happened once near my son's school, 150 south. Going there tomorrow. Am very interested to see if it happens again.

roguegal

Reaction score
beeping Droid

THINK I HAVE FIGURED OUT WHY IT BEEPS! I am on my 3rd Droid Razr in less than two weeks. I got this last one several days ago and decided to NOT pair my Planatronics Bluetooth with it. I only used speaker phone and NO blue tooths. I talked to all my friends that I heard beeping when I talked on the other two Droid Razrs. I never heard any beeping--until just now. I paired my Bluetooth, called my friend and IMMEDIATELY the beeping started!! I went to settings, unpaired my bluetooth, and it STOPPED!

When I first called Verizon, the tech said, "it is probably your bluetooth." The sales rep thought that didn't make sense, and I didn't even have my bluetooth on or with me, but in the car. But I kept thinking back to him suggesting that immediately. Then when they said they had no record of any beeping, even after I had called the week before and they told me to turn my phone in, and after I saw all these other calls, I began to wonder what the heck was going on.

So I decided to not pair my bluetooth for several days to see if the phone worked well without it on. And it did. But the very MINUTEI Paired it, it beeps. There has got to be a coorelation.

To answer someone else's question--my carrier is Verizon and I live in Southern Oregon. The Costco salesrep told me when I came back for my 3rd Droid that other people had come in to complain.

So now I wonder, is everyone else using a bluetooth--paired with one? What bluetooth will work with the phone? My friends all say speaker phone is fine, but I prefer a bluetooth and the Planatronics Pro was great.

One more thing. My bluetooth was a bit worn--I have had to superglue it together because I broke the rubber. It is a fantastic device and everyone says they can hear me clearly on it. But I use it so much that it is a bit worn.

eric.scheman

Reaction score
THINK I HAVE FIGURED OUT WHY IT BEEPS! I am on my 3rd Droid Razr in less than two weeks. I got this last one several days ago and decided to NOT pair my Planatronics Bluetooth with it. I only used speaker phone and NO blue tooths. I talked to all my friends that I heard beeping when I talked on the other two Droid Razrs. I never heard any beeping--until just now. I paired my Bluetooth, called my friend and IMMEDIATELY the beeping started!! I went to settings, unpaired my bluetooth, and it STOPPED!

When I first called Verizon, the tech said, "it is probably your bluetooth." The sales rep thought that didn't make sense, and I didn't even have my bluetooth on or with me, but in the car. But I kept thinking back to him suggesting that immediately. Then when they said they had no record of any beeping, even after I had called the week before and they told me to turn my phone in, and after I saw all these other calls, I began to wonder what the heck was going on.

So I decided to not pair my bluetooth for several days to see if the phone worked well without it on. And it did. But the very MINUTEI Paired it, it beeps. There has got to be a coorelation.

To answer someone else's question--my carrier is Verizon and I live in Southern Oregon. The Costco salesrep told me when I came back for my 3rd Droid that other people had come in to complain.

So now I wonder, is everyone else using a bluetooth--paired with one? What bluetooth will work with the phone? My friends all say speaker phone is fine, but I prefer a bluetooth and the Planatronics Pro was great.

One more thing. My bluetooth was a bit worn--I have had to superglue it together because I broke the rubber. It is a fantastic device and everyone says they can hear me clearly on it. But I use it so much that it is a bit worn.

I don't use a Bluetooth have never even turned my bluetooth on ever on my razr and still get the beeping. So it can't be that

roguegal

Reaction score
Hmm, well that ruins that theory! Amazing how THE minute I paired my bluetooth the beeping started. After just a few beeps, I went into settings, turned off the bluetooth connection, turned off my bluetooth and the beeping immediately stopped.

I then was on the phone again a little later and heard a few beeps, but they stopped--bluetooth all off.

The other problem I had was that my phone would get very hot and the battery go down quickly at work--on my 3rd phone it has not been hot and the battery has been fine. So I thought there could have been a connection there.

Well, I wonder when Motorolla will figure this one out. I think they know something is wrong, but aren't admitting to it.

Are you with Verizon?

SallyC

Reaction score
I don't have beeping and use the MOTOROLA Sliver Elite for what it's worth. Very happy with it as I don't like the look of something coming down my cheek. If you see it at all it's more like a hearing aid. It amazes me that it works and the sound quality is great.

aimless0419

Reaction score
Hi all-just got thru reading all the posts. I am having the same dang problem.driving me nuts. I live in northern IL. I also do not have bluetooth on. Hopefully someone figures this out quick! I too am on my second razr phone, although it was for another reason than this one, so really don't want to have to get a 3rd

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Anyone having this problem have "Voice Privacy" checked in the call settings menu? Wonder if that could be having an impact on the beep? Could be highly unlikely but something easy to check.

dustinslee

Reaction score
I have heard this a few times myself and I always look to see if its a notification and sometimes I do and sometimes i don't