Beep/Tone during calls

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Everything I've read from people using other phones says this problem could be caused by an app, and if not, is resolved by a battery pull.

Holding volume down and power at the same time for 15 seconds should simulate a battery pull on the RAZR.

OP
rob1459

rob1459

Reaction score
Bibles from the market which I had installed on my HTC. Facebook, twitter, and kindle.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

ginadanna

Reaction score
I am having the same issue: I hear random beeps during calls. It isn't consistent because they sometimes stop for a few minutes. I have checked and it isn't because of notifications. I also tried playing with notification sounds, roaming notifications, wifi, etc. I took it to my local verizon store, and people didn't seem to know anything and suggested a factory reset. I also tried holding the volume key & power button to simulate battery removal, but nothing worked yet. The beeping has been going on for 6 days and I have only had my phone 3 weeks.

OP
rob1459

rob1459

Reaction score
I will try it again and see what hsppens.

soops

Reaction score
I don't own/use a Razr but on my OG there is a setting under phone, more options, there's an option to keep call or notification in background while on a call. So if im on the phone while a text, or someone trying to call in i will hear the beep, usually a few short vibrate since that's my usual setting most of the day.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

OP
rob1459

rob1459

Reaction score
I have down loaded an update, firmware I think. Still have a beep/tone during calls.

roguegal

Reaction score
beeping on my phone

I got my Droid razr a week ago. After a few days, it kept non-stop beeping while on calls. Sometimes from the very beginning, sometimes after I was on it for 7 minutes. I had it plugged in at times, so it wasn't the battery. I had it on speaker, by my ear, or with an earpiece. I called Verizon and they walked me through holding the button down and the ringer, taking out the sd card, etc. They told me to exchange it, which I did (I bought it at Costco, and even used their land phone to try and fix it with Verizon).

I have had my new phone only a day or so and haven't used it much, but I did here one beep already, but only one when calling. The other phone it would beep for 10+ minutes!

Verizon said they had no idea why it was beeping.

Agoofydiver

Reaction score
I've been having this issue for 3 months now. Started on my OG Droid, now on my razr. Its not the phone. I've spent hours on the phone with Verizon and all the way up to the network engineers. Nobody knows what's going on. They even had me marking the calls that it happened on so they could check the towers I was using. They have no clue. Sounds just like someone presses a number button on the other end real quick. Is that what you guys are experiencing?

garywojdan81

Reaction score
Yep, I get it too. Started about 2wks after I got the razr on 11/11. I live in former alltel area & just assumed it was prompted by signal issues. Has anyone experiencing this noticed if it happens during tower hand-off or 3g/4g transitions? Is your GPS on & updating an app or widget? Wi-Fi enabled?

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
This isn't the "beep every minute of use while on a call " is it?

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

OP
rob1459

rob1459

Reaction score
My razr is only four days old, all notifications are off. It has to be tied yo the network issues out west. I'm on the east coast, and have seen my 3g go to 1x. Tired everything in the replies to my first post, no success. Thanks fellow razites.

eric.scheman

Reaction score
I get the samething but I don't have any alerts on to make a tone except for my ringtone
It's weird. Makes me think of big brother listening in

roguegal

Reaction score
I called verizon again today and they said they did not have ANY record of problems like I have been experiencing (random beeping and consistent beeping) on record! They said they would note it about my Droid Razr. They suggested I go back to where I bought it (Costco) and replace it. So I have my 3rd phone tonight.
BUT the man at Costco told me had had at least two people come by and complain about beeping on their Droid Razr!! He never said that before, and now he is saying it. I am wondering if he knew it before I bought mine. I never saw anything about this before I bought mine. I don't really want to switch phones. I keep thinking they'll figure out what the problem is.
I have also noticed that the battery will run down when I have it on silent at work and don't touch it for 5 hours! I find it in the "red" and I haven't even used it. What's with that?

Agoofydiver

Reaction score
I had this problem on my OG Droid too. Started around mid October. Its not a notification, minute reminder, switching tower notification, or anything like that. Happens weather wired, on Bluetooth, or just using the phone. happens on 3g or 4g, Indiana, Michigan, or Illinois. my sound is just like when you press the #1 on your phone when dialing. Just a short beep. Sometimes 5 or 6 times in 1 call, sometimes not at all. I have a case with Verizon about this that should still be open. I'm going to send then a link to this forum.