Beep/Tone during calls

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
Well, phone should be here today. See what effect, if any.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Scott0719

Reaction score
I got my phone on January 11th. I think I had some beeping that night and I called customer service either that night or the next. Same as most of you have said, they never heard of it. I finally put in some sort of "ticket" where after the calls with the beeping I have to dial ### and it logs a record with them or something. They also sent me a new sim card. I haven't heard the beeping since I last called customer service and they told me to dial ###. It never seemed to be an all the time thing so who knows if it will happen again.

OH!! I forgot to mention that I did get a replacement phone when I was in the first two weeks. It did still happen. Anyone else try a new sim card? I have had the new sim card in for maybe a week now and I haven't heard a beep since before then. The only strange beeping I get only happen in the morning and has to do with my bluetooth. Its after the phone call ends and I have to turn off my bluetooth and turn it back on to make it stop. And that has ONLY happened in the morning lol. Very strange.

Agoofydiver

Reaction score
I got my phone on January 11th. I think I had some beeping that night and I called customer service either that night or the next. Same as most of you have said, they never heard of it. I finally put in some sort of "ticket" where after the calls with the beeping I have to dial ### and it logs a record with them or something. They also sent me a new sim card. I haven't heard the beeping since I last called customer service and they told me to dial ###. It never seemed to be an all the time thing so who knows if it will happen again.

OH!! I forgot to mention that I did get a replacement phone when I was in the first two weeks. It did still happen. Anyone else try a new sim card? I have had the new sim card in for maybe a week now and I haven't heard a beep since before then. The only strange beeping I get only happen in the morning and has to do with my bluetooth. Its after the phone call ends and I have to turn off my bluetooth and turn it back on to make it stop. And that has ONLY happened in the morning lol. Very strange.

You have a Razr? Your probably going to find that you can NOT press ### send to mark the call due to the fact that the send button does not light up till you press an actual number too. they had me go through all the same BS just to tell me nothing is wrong. If you find that the ### doesn't work you can use ###1 and the can track it that way. They'll send you a text after you mark 3 or 4 calls starting that they found no faults. And that was the last I heard on the issue. Still beeps randomly, some days worse than others. Good luck!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

dmatheman3

Reaction score
After 3 weeks of this crap I have been on the phone with tech support. Reset the phone. Gone to the verizon store where they couldn't help. Back on tech support no help. Received a new phone and still had the beeping tone during calls. Today, after 51 minutes on the phone with Verizon then Motorola and then back to verizon I finally got a resolution. On Monday there is an update.

Software Update

That link shows there is an update coming soon. Although it doesn't address the beeping/tone fix it is actually part of the update. The Tech I talked to said the updates listed are just a few. There are many more bug fixes in this update than are listed on the link I posted here. I will be the first on the phone if this does not fix the issue. Also, the link says the update is "Coming Soon" but the Tech told me it is scheduled to be put out on Monday. They were going to put it out sooner but didn't want to interfere with the Superbowl since everyone will be using a lot of bandwidth during the game. Especially since we are able to actually watch the superbowl on the phone itself. I don't care about all that. I just want to make a phone call without going freaking nuts. I am ready to choke someone already due to all this hassle.

Hopefully this puts some of you at ease that there is a fix on the way.

roguegal

Reaction score
beeping solution

Hope the update on Monday works. My beepinghas been very little but when it happens,
it is annoying.

MrTommy

Reaction score
Those darned beeps!

I've experienced these 'beeps' or tones on my Droid I. It seems to me that certain tones coming from the voice of whoever I'm talking to cause it. Doesn't make sense, of course, but that's my take on this. The mention of Bluetooth is interesting though. I seldom talk on the phone without an earpiece (or my Blue Parrot 'professional driver' headset with boom), and both seem to result in occasional 'beeps' while talking. I've just sort of ignored it. I never thought of complaining to Verizon about it. Hmmm. Maybe I should? Maybe I'm just too 'come see, come sah' about the whole thing.

Now that it's a big deal (at least here on the forums), I guess I'll pay more attention to when it happens - and report back. We're getting our new Razr's next weekend, so once I'm settled in with the new phone, I'll pay attention to when and if this happens.

Dang, all this technology is a bee-itch... :crazy:

OP
rob1459

rob1459

Reaction score
Glad to say that after three razrs, the beep stopped. I have a maxx now and love it!

B

Bakerboy448

The beep, I have reasoned, to be 1. Call connected (to the network) 2. 1:00 (call has lasted one minute)