Beautiful D2 theme here...built for stock ROM

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is the best looking theme I've seen since I got my D1 last November...

The only issue I've found is on the calendar, on the button for choosing AM/PM when you're adding a calendar event the text is black on black until you tap it, then it flashes to white on black.

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Will this theme work with epic unleashed 2.5?

Someone posted that it did over on Android Forums, IRRC.

If you try, do a nandroid backup first.

Also, get the Deodexed version of the theme, as Epic 2.0 is deodexed.

Finally, this theme is a stock D2 theme, and AFAIK includes all D2 stock apps w/mods to their graphics to fit his theme, so while it may work on Epic 2.0, it will essentially restore all of the stock D2 apps to your phone, "re-blurring it" so to speak...so you'll have a totally cool looking phone, but you'll also largely be "unEpic-ing" your phone.

Hope that makes sense...

What you could do, is post on 928's D2 theme thread and ask him if he's willing to support the Epic ROM, customize this theme to work with it. He already supports a lot of other Droid ROMs, and maybe he's OK adding another.

Last edited:

randyb69

Reaction score
I have to say this is one of the BEST looking themes I have ever used. I have tried everything possible for the D1 and now this, but there are a few issues I have found. I have noticed that this theme causes my MUSIC app to double up, as well as my messaging. It actually has the Messaging app, then also after theme it adds Text Messaging, which causes me to receive the incoming text twice. The music issue was a easy fix by using Root Explorer and renaming one music .apk to .bak, but I haven't found a fix for the messaging. The Text Message apk won't open, yet if you remove Messages you won't be able to text anyone back, or open the text. Has anyone else had this issue? I have wiped data and cache multiple times and went on w/ out the theme over my epic 2.5, the them is what adds these two. I have ALSO made sure that titanium has not ran and accidentally included music or text messaging as a file to my phone. Any help would be great, so I can get back to sporting this sexy theme.

After all of that, I do know that this was for a stock rom. The theme works fine for Epic 2.5 except those two issues.

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
See if there is a text app in /data/app

randyb69

Reaction score
No there is not any text files in /data/app. Any ideas? I just had to add the theme back to check, and it added a spare music and the text messaging app again.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

randyb69

Reaction score
The text messaging app is still crashing, causing dual notifications. Haha

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
No there is not any text files in /data/app. Any ideas? I just had to add the theme back to check, and it added a spare music and the text messaging app again.

Sorry - didn't mean text files, meant has an "extra" text program (APK) been put into the /data/app folder...that could be the source of your secondary text issues...

randyb69

Reaction score
I've looked all of the apks over, nothing that refers to messaging. Im able to go into /system/apps and put .bak on a music apk and get it hidden. Im still not able to find thr text messaging issue tho, its still adding Text Messaging in my launcher

randyb69

Reaction score
Found the issue. Under /system/app if u change conversations.apk to conversations.bak its fixed. Thanks tho