Beautiful D2 theme here...built for stock ROM

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/928droid/78456-theme-928droid-black-glass-x-droid-2-a.html

Very cool...

Just noticed two pretty cool benefits:

1. The Gmail app included w/this theme is the newest one, newer than the one in the D2 stock ROM, and includes noticeable performance improvements AND a Reply/Forward icon in the email header, so you don't have to scroll to the bottom of the email to access those features.

2. The Voice Command app has always taken minimum of 12 to 15, sometimes almost 20 seconds to open the first time I open it. After deodexing and applying this theme, it opened in four seconds. I'm guessing the deodexing fixed the opening speed.

Last edited:
OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry it was so complicated for you. ;)

Linked to it from here 'cause it's a beaut and a lot of people aren't going to find it on their own...folks tend to get mired in their particular phone forum and miss the x-phone areas.

spdivr1122

Reaction score
the gmail app is messed up anyway. im using the theme now and itll say two new emails and only show one and then ill have to go to gmail in the web browser to view the second one, its really annoying. but its a nice theme!

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...haven't had any problem w/it on my D2...did some compares web to phone and everything matches up, haven't missed any emails across four different accounts. Sent multiples to each account and everything worked.

You're saying you'll see a notification in the status bar that there are two emails, but when you go to your account only one is there?

How many Gmail accounts do you have on your phone?

You could switch back to the D2 gmail client if you want - there's a D2 system dump floating around, and you would just need to pull the Gmail.apk out of that and install it on your phone.

hyatari

Reaction score
Tried to deodex my phone twice now but stuck on m logo both times even tho the process sure looked like it went well. It was a guide for droid x but read it should work for D2. Isn't there a deodexed stock rom out by now??

hyatari

Reaction score
the gmail app is messed up anyway. im using the theme now and itll say two new emails and only show one and then ill have to go to gmail in the web browser to view the second one, its really annoying. but its a nice theme!

Go into applications and clear data in the gmail app.

hyatari

Reaction score