Beats Headphones

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
it all depends on your music type and what you like emphasized. I don't like when people call them garbage because they aren't. They just don't emphasis the sounds that people in other particular genres don't care much for. Most rock music isn't know for punch bass and stuff. They are more room acoustic driven. classical music, jazz, etc. those don't really need bass emphasis. R&B, Hip Hop, Trip hop, SOME trance and dance music, benefit more with bass emphasis.

I hate having this convo every week. lol.

Lol... Well said. I'm sure the headphones are great, but like you said, their value is largely subjective. If you've rolled around in life with stock headphones or 20 dollar replacements, then these may sound better... Or you may not notice at all because you're just not an audiophile. But for someone who is, these headphones are probably a must.

Me myself... I listen to rock, mainly at the gym. So I roll with bluetooth wireless. I'll trade some quality for greater convenience and comfort. To each their own.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

cp24eva

Reaction score
Lol... Well said. I'm sure the headphones are great, but like you said, their value is largely subjective. If you've rolled around in life with stock headphones or 20 dollar replacements, then these may sound better... Or you may not notice at all because you're just not an audiophile. But for someone who is, these headphones are probably a must.

Me myself... I listen to rock, mainly at the gym. So I roll with bluetooth wireless. I'll trade some quality for greater convenience and comfort. To each their own.

I will say this, for me sound is a priority. I got some klipsch on ear headphones. GREAT HEADPHONES. Not ear buds, but those are good too. What i noticed with the Klipsch head phones is that the bass isn't as good as Beats headphones, but not too far off from them. but while the bass on them are good, they put more emphasis on highs than beats headphones do. And sound separation is better on the Klipsch headphones too. once you listen to about 20 different headphones/earbuds, then you get a gist of what you really want in your sound.

What i really hate about the headphones business is that you rarely get a chance to try out the really good headphones in the store. it's mostly word of mouth. those 400+ dollar ones, I have yet to see a store around where I live that has them on display besides best buy and their damned beats headphones. The specialty home theatre stores may have it. Went to guitar center and they mainly had ones for recording and stuff.

galoot

Reaction score
If you want beats, buy from the monster outlet store. 59 bucks if i recall correctly. Refurbished but who cares

Sent from my Rezound using tapatalk.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Last edited:

kparks

Reaction score
This.

I have them, and they are nice, but I dont hear a noticable difference between these and the $40 earbuds I got from Target. I know people have been selling them new on eBay though. You might try eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?rt=n..._MP3_Player_Accessories&_trksid=p3286.c0.m301

As of today I am seeing them on there for under $70 with one day shipping. New.

I would never buy headphones from ebay do u know how many fakes r out there?ALOT.. They even make fake 20$ headphones.. And they make pretty good fakes.. Pay the extra 20 bucks and make sure u get the real deal

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I would never buy headphones from ebay do u know how many fakes r out there?ALOT.. They even make fake 20$ headphones.. And they make pretty good fakes.. Pay the extra 20 bucks and make sure u get the real deal
Yeah, I used to think that too.

But here's the thing...all the sellers on there have feedback ratings. And they guard their ratings like gold. If they make their living off of eBay, they need these ratings badly, for exactly the reasons you describe. That is their reputation. So they have an incentive not to rip people off.

The guy in that link is rated as a "top Seller". Those are not easy to get, and very easy to lose if they piss off a lot of people. If they have 10,000 feedback responses and a 99.9% approval rating (as an example), it is safe to say that whatever they are selling is the real deal.

I have bought from eBay lots of times and never had a problem. Not even once. I only buy from people that have high approval ratings though. but I have always had good experiences there.

(oh yeah, and my link is to a "buy it now" price...so that is the price you would pay with no haggling...it is like buying from a store)

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
Yeah, I used to think that too.

But here's the thing...all the sellers on there have feedback ratings. And they guard their ratings like gold. If they make their living off of eBay, they need these ratings badly, for exactly the reasons you describe. That is their reputation. So they have an incentive not to rip people off.

The guy in that link is rated as a "top Seller". Those are not easy to get, and very easy to lose if they piss off a lot of people. If they have 10,000 feedback responses and a 99.9% approval rating (as an example), it is safe to say that whatever they are selling is the real deal.

I have bought from eBay lots of times and never had a problem. Not even once. I only buy from people that have high approval ratings though. but I have always had good experiences there.

(oh yeah, and my link is to a "buy it now" price...so that is the price you would pay with no haggling...it is like buying from a store)

I agree with Jeff. Like he said, you just have to be careful WHO you but from. There is a big difference between a high volume seller with 10,000 feedbacks/99. 8 posive rating and Joe smoe with 12 feedbacks and a 99.8 positive rating.

AND...if the product is "new" or "in original packaging" - that's probably as safe as buying directly from the dealer/manufacturer.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Beats headphones sound amazing, if you have them set perfectly in your ears... The problem is that they are very long and very heavy and no matter what ear cushions I have tried, they never stay put for more than a minute or two, and the second they are not perfectly seated in your ear, the bass goes away and the sound quality sucks. It's like you have to super glue them into your ear.

So great in theory, crappy in execution. A $20 set of Skullcandy's sound just as good and stay in your ear a lot better...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A $20 set of Skullcandy's sound just as good .

I said the same thing . I'd never pay more than I paid for my SkullCandy's for ibeats and gave mine to my son who doesn't care about sound quality.
I wasn't impressed at all with the sound quality or fit.
Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

Jonas

Reaction score
Not to derail this topic, but have any of you guys sold your beats that came with your rezound on ebay or similar site? I'm thinking about selling them and picking up a legit pair, just wondering how much people were selling for, if anyone is.

Sent from my Banana Phone

JeffDenver

Reaction score
The Beats headphones sound amazing, if you have them set perfectly in your ears... The problem is that they are very long and very heavy and no matter what ear cushions I have tried, they never stay put for more than a minute or two, and the second they are not perfectly seated in your ear, the bass goes away and the sound quality sucks.
Yep..I have noticed this too. They never sound worse than normal earbuds to me...but to get the "high quality" sound they have to be set a certain way, and if you move around a lot, they dont stay put.

When they work as intended though, they sound incredible.

I have seen products like this that will work with any earbuds:

http://www.squish-plug-n-play.com/

View attachment 46416

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Not to derail this topic, but have any of you guys sold your beats that came with your rezound on ebay or similar site? I'm thinking about selling them and picking up a legit pair, just wondering how much people were selling for, if anyone is.
Cheapest I have seen them for on eBay is just under $70. I have seen them for up to $100.

Escobar

Reaction score
ITT: people argue about the quality of free head phones